Wii U and 3DS will no longer let you use credit cards directly on the eShop starting in September
Posted on August 26, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News, Wii U eShop
Nintendo is changing up how the Wii U and 3DS eShops accept credit cards. Starting in September, it will no longer be possible to use them directly.
Going forward, users will need to visit a specific URL while having their Nintendo Network ID linked to a Nintendo Account. After that, funds can then be used on Nintendo’s website as well as the eShop.
Below are the full instructions:
- Ensure that the Nintendo Network ID (NNID) on your system is linked to a Nintendo Account.
– See here for more information on how to create a Nintendo Account.
– See here for instructions on how to link a Nintendo Network ID to a Nintendo Account.
- Visit https://ec.nintendo.com/my/balance_add, select the payment method you would like to use and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- Once you have added funds to your NNID this way, you can use them both on the Nintendo website and directly within Nintendo eShop on your system.