Wombat Source working on “GetClose” for the Wii U eShop
Posted on June 19, 2014 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U eShop
Wombat Source is currently working on “GetClose” for Wii U, a new competitive 2-player game for the eShop built on the Nintendo Web Framework.
Here’s an overview of the title:
GetClose is a competitive 2 player game that forces two players to sit next to each other with one hand on the Wii U gamepad. Each player will be able to control a circular avatar on the TV screen with the left or right joystick. Players will need to progress through randomly generated levels, while collecting pickups, earning points, and avoiding deadly obstacles. Get comfortable, because you’ll have to GetClose.
An below are some of the features you can expect in GetClose:
- 2 player only play. Each player holds onto one side of the Wii U controller, using the analog stick and shoulder buttons.
- Randomly Generated Levels
- 10 “Characters” to choose from, each with their own personality and taunt
- 10 “Pickups” to collect, each with its own ability
- 10 “Obstacles” that get in the way of players
- Mode Select (Time, Survival)
- Score-chasing style gameplay
- Party/social style play. Quick game bursts to allow for a quick/fun session of gameplay. Pass the controller around to test your might against other rivals.
Wombat Source hopes to have GetClose out on the eShop in mid-October.
Source: Wombat Source PR