Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom update out now (version 1.2.0), patch notes
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom just got its latest update, and version 1.2.0 has now gone live.
Going forward, it’ll now be possible to obtain items via news articles in the official channel on the Home Menu. You may recall that Breath of the Wild had something similar. Several bugs have also been fixed, including a few ones related to quest progression.
Here’s the full rundown of the update:
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom update version 1.2.0 patch notes
- By starting the game from within certain articles released on a specific Switch News channel (accessed via the HOME Menu) players can receive a number of in-game items.
- Depending on the state of gameplay progression or the location in which the data is reopened, there may be cases in which the items cannot be received.
- Fixed an issue where players could not progress beyond a certain point in the main quests “A Mystery in the Depths” and “Secret of the Ring Ruins”, the side adventures “Hateno Village Research Lab” and “Lurelin Village Restoration Project”, the shrine quest “Dyeing to Find It”, and the side quests “Village Attacked by Pirates”, “The Incomplete Stable”, and “Seeking the Pirate Hideout”. Downloading the update will allow players to proceed past that point.
- Fixed an issue preventing fairies from appearing under certain conditions when they originally should have appeared.
- Fixed an issue preventing the meals provided by Kiana of Lurelin Village from changing under certain conditions.
- Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.
This marks the fourth patch for Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Thus far mostly what we’ve seen have been smaller updates to fix small issues and make general improvements. However, Nintendo has also gone out of its way to take out some duplication glitches.
We’ll let you know if any other updates are made available for the game in the future.