Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update out now (version 1.1), full patch notes
Today, Nintendo issued a new update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Players can now download version 1.1.
Surprisingly, there are actual patch notes to go along with today’s update. Nintendo highlights the following:
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.