Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster lets you increase battle speed, has New Game +, more
Posted on February 26, 2023 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch
Bandai Namco has shared even more details about Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster, revealing that the game will let players increase the game speed and battle speed, and it’ll even have both New Game + and New Game – options.
Additional information started to come in following the reveal in the latest Nintendo Direct. We previously heard about features like being able to turn off enemy encounters, auto battle, skip cutscenes, and auto-save.
Game speed and battle speed will both let players increase how fast the action is. There’ll be options for 100%, 200%, and 300%. New Game + has been in other RPGs, and here players can bring over level, rank, and Magnus. New Game – will offer more of a challenge.
Other features mentioned include defeating enemies with a single hit, simple battle results display, and a help feature.
Here’s the full rundown on what’s new for Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster, including battle speed, New Game +, and New Game -:
Convenient New Features Added to Make Gameplay Smoother
With an array of new features, the game is easier to play than ever before.
Six Different Adjustable Parameters
Adjust parameters including game speed and random enemy encounters and save them as your favorite way to play the game. This is adjustable at any time. The adjustable parameters are as follows:
- No encounters: Turn off random enemy encounters
- Instant KO: Enable enemies to be defeated with a single strike
- Game speed: Choose from three options (100%, 200% and 300%)
- Battle speed: Choose from three options (100%, 200% and 300%)
- Simple battle results display: Switch to a simpler display of mid-battle results after each turn
- Auto-battle: Enable battles to be played automatically
- Autosave Feature
- Help Feature: Check the meanings of key terms and how to play the game from within the system menu.
“New Game +” Mode
This mode allows you to restart the game after clearing it once – carrying across level, rank, and Magnus from the initial run.
“New Game -” Mode
This mode applies restrictions on what is available for a much more difficult challenge.
Bandai Namco is bringing Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster to Switch this summer.