Born of Bread update announced, patch notes
Dear Villagers and WildArts Studio have announced a new update for Born of Bread.
Highlights of the update include QoL improvements and a new Hard Mode that may increase the replayability of the game. Some balancing adjustments are included as well.
Here’s the full rundown:
Born of Bread update patch notes
- Loaf can no longer spawn in the water after a fight.
- Player is no longer able to stamp multiple times during level-up.
- Resolved an issue where using “Defend” repeatedly on the last enemy would make all the chat usernames the same.
- Fixed an issue where butterflies carried Loaf on shorter distances over water when the fourth buddy was equipped.
- Yagi’s ability can no longer be used during the Coldstock Cottage boss fight.
- Fixed a blocker that occurred during fights where the buddy died during the same turn as being possessed, thus preventing the combat turn from ending.
- Added safety measures to make sure the user can’t switch buddies during fights if the current buddy is possessed.
- Fixed the fourth buddy’s dialogue lines during the final celebration.
- Added safety measure when having a game over to make sure the player won’t respawn as Jester.
- Fixed an issue with the battle cards that would allow you to equip a null card.
- Changed how the quilt hunt cutscene in the attic is triggered to avoid players missing it.
- Changed the fallback font for special characters. Quotation marks in traditional Chinese are now correctly displayed.
- Fixed a dialogue bubble issue during a cutscene after the Snowstorm fight in the Savers Guild.
- Fixed a potential wrong buddy switch after the boss fight in chapter 3 and 4.
- Disabled Loaf movement when picking up cards at the shop in Chancy Chasm.
- Tweaked the hydraulic press collisions.
- The weapon hidden in the Royal Castle is now inside a green chest and can’t be collected multiple times.
- The Melon can no longer be collected multiple times by talking to Sam the crow.
- Capped the chat speed to prevent hyperspeed.
QoL & Polish
- You can now switch between buddies in the overworld with Q or the right bumper on a controller.
- The unlocked maps will now display found salamanders and treasures for each level, as well as the level names.
- The intensity of screen shake effects can now be adjusted down to 0% or up to 200% (if you actually want motion sickness, you do you).
- In the save file selection menu, there is now a button that will go through your save files and fix potential softlocks or corrupted variables. Fixes include:
- Unequipping weapons and boons and making sure there are no duplicates.
- Making sure consumables items do not exceed the bag cap.
- Giving the buddies their correct stats and removing non-existent buddies.
- Making sure Loaf isn’t saved as being Jester.
- Making sure all the glossary information was added.
- You can now skip the combat tutorial against the Funguy by skipping the prior cutscene.
- You can now loop through pause menu pages (go from options to weapons directly and vice versa).
- Moved professor Beryl to a more accessible part of the Outskirts. Professor Beryl and Rita appear in the Outskirts as soon as you can go back into the forest.
- Changed the dialogue lines in the first cutscene with Klein in the Solemn Sepulture.
- In the card glossary menu, players will now see the stacked cards they have collected.
- Hint boards and objects have been placed in Royal Town, Righteous River and Misty Woods, with new lines in all available languages.
- Added sound cues and cameras to the Treasure Rooms objectives.
- Tweaked the spawn physics of clovers in dirt mound actors.
- Added text to the description that appears when picking up boons.
- Minor changes to some lines of text in various places.
- Fixed “Can-can… Can” trash pile spawning issue.
- The player now needs to complete the quest “A Taste of Inspiration” before starting “Sweet Success”.
- Made the dialogue volume in the campsite in Misty Woods easier to spot.
- Doing the Crystal Mines race before entering Royal Town for the first time after chapter 2 will cancel the race and play the mandatory cutscene.
- Fixed a navigation issue when trying to enter the Shivery Caves with Cecile.
- Fixed how the fourth buddy’s ability sequences were skippable in multiple levels.
- Added blocking volumes in the Farmlands to prevent a skip.
- Added blocking volumes to prevent Loaf from getting on the roof of the bakery.
- Fixed a platform in the Biofoundry to allow the player to backtrack if entering the level after defeating the mini-boss.
- Added a blocking volume in the Forgotten Vault to prevent the player from going out of bound and get softlocked.
- Fixed an out of bounds in the Hidden Springs.
- Adjusted one of the fourth buddy’s ability that was hard to hit in Crow’s Nest.
- Ember melee damage raised from 3 to 4.
- Slightly lowered chances of consumables dropping from whackables.
- Lowered chances of consumables dropping from defeated enemies.
- Weakness damage is now x1.5 instead of x2.
- Adjusted the number of enemies in battles, especially in chapter 4.
- Switched the resistance of the potbelly flare with Amelie doll’s resistance.
- New hard mode available when creating a save file:
- Less frames to block and faster animations.
- Enemies, mini-bosses, and bosses have more HP.
- Enemies deal more damage and have more defense.
- There are more enemies per fight.
Note that the new Born of Bread update should be live on Switch soon.