Brawlhalla gets Steven Universe collaboration
Posted on December 4, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Collaborations have been a regular occurrence in Brawlhalla, Ubisoft and Blue Mammoth Games’ free-to-play fighter. The latest one features Steven Universe – Cartoon Network’s animated television series.
Here are the patch notes for version 3.53, along with a trailer for the new collaboration:
Steven Universe Joins Brawlhalla!
The Crystal Gems will always find a way to save the day! Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Stevonnie are new Epic Crossovers. Epic Crossovers feature custom Signature effects, custom lock-in animations, dedicated Roster spots, and two new Weapon Skins.
In Brawlhalla, Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Stevonnie mirror the abilities of Petra, Xull, Kaya, and Val, respectively, and will be staying in Mallhalla after the event ends.
- Garnet Epic Crossover – “Leader of the Crystal Gems. Respected by all, count on Garnet to save the day!”
- Garnet will strike opponents down with her giant rocket gauntlets.
- Amethyst Epic Crossover – “A Crystal Gem made on Earth, her transformations & powerful whip will clobber you.”
- Watch out for Amethyst’s spin dash and her transformation into Purple Puma!
- Pearl Epic Crossover – “A graceful warrior devoted to protecting Earth. She’s her own Gem!”
- With her unique abilities, her Holo-Rose Quartz and Holo-Pearl will stop any enemies!
- Stevonnie Epic Crossover – “The first human-Gem fusion. They’re an experience to be reckoned with!”
- Lion also portals in to help Stevonnie in battle. You can even catch Steven and Connie in the middle of the action!
- “This toxic relationship will drag you down!”
- This colossal fusion features Malachite grasping your opponent before being sealed and dragged back down to the ocean.
This Steven Universe event also includes:
- A new Steven Universe themed Game Mode and Brawl of the Week – Bubble Tag!
- Daily login bonus of 250 Gold to celebrate this Epic Crossover event.
- A new 1v1 Map featuring the Crystal Gems’ home base, Crystal Temple.
- A Steven Universe themed UI Takeover!
New Game Mode & Brawl of the Week – Bubble Tag
Battle like the Crystal Gems! Strike your opponents to capture them in Gem Bubbles. Bubbled players can’t attack and have limited movement, but you can save the day by tagging your teammates to free them. Capture the entire enemy team to score a point. The first team to 5 points wins!
- New Bubble Tag Game Mode
- 3v3 Teams
- Capture your opponents in Gem Bubbles by striking them!
- Tag your teammates to free them.
- Bubbled players can even dash to their teammates or away from opponents!
- First team to 5 points wins!
- Follow the pink gem flower to find all the Steven Universe Epic Crossover items!
- We’re currently rapidly rotating through chests. See the in-game timer to know when the next chest will rotate.
- Check out the new Sales items!
- The match duration for the Free-for-All queue has been lowered from 4 minutes to 3 minutes. In conjunction with this change, we have made the following additional changes:
- The default match duration for Timed and Buddy game modes for Couch and Custom Online have been changed to 3 minutes.
- Fangwild and The Enigma have had their timings changed for when those maps shift their geometry to better fit the new default match duration.
- Removed the lock on changing teams that wouldn’t allow you to put all players on the same team at any time.
- Smoothed out Hellboy’s idle animation in character select.
- Fixed a bug where the time shown for replay files would show “00” for the hour instead of “12” for games that occurred during the noon or midnight hours.
- Fixed a bug where some Skin displays in the store would be frozen on a single frame.
- Jiro Neutral Scythe: Fixed a bug that caused the first shadow clone to play at an incorrect time during the wall version.
- For Nintendo Switch, fixed the character asymmetry when using the Guitar Solo Taunt.