Competitive platformer SpeedRunners coming to Switch
Posted on August 29, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
The competitive platformer SpeedRunners is coming to Switch, publisher tinyBuild and developer DoubleDutch Games have announced. A release date has not been confirmed at this time.
Here’s an overview of SpeedRunners:
In a city filled with superheroes, getting to crimes becomes a competition on its own. Fortunately there are enough rockets, bombs, grappling hooks, spikes, and other goodies lying around — to make the competition fun and fast. Welcome to SpeedRunners.
SpeedRunners is a 4 player competitive platformer with grappling hooks, power-ups, and interactive environments. Run, jump, swing around, fire rockets, grapple onto people to knock them off screen.
– 4 Player Competitive Platforming!
– Keep up with the fastest player in-game, or fall offscreen and get eliminated!
– Use weapons like missiles, mines and grappling hooks to screw over your friends, and make new enemies!
– Local and online multiplayer! Can you have 2 players on a couch against 2 other players on the internet? Yes of course!
– Bots enabled – play on your own with several AI opponents. Or put them into matches with other people!
– A tutorial teaches you how to play
– A dozen expertly designed maps
– Unique game modifiers
– A character named Unic!
– Full blown level editor with over 10k user created levels
– An exciting single player campaign
– Create your own custom in-game trails (visible when you hit super-speed)
And a trailer: