Deck-building battler Monster Slayers coming to Switch next month
Posted on March 14, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Publisher Digerati today announced that Monster Slayers, a deck-building battler developed by Nerdook, is coming to Switch. The card-based rogue-like adventure launches on the eShop starting April 5.
We have the following overview and trailer for the game:
Monster Slayers is a rogue-like deck-building RPG adventure with an innovative card-based battle system that lets you customize a deck to suit your play style. Create a hero to join the Monster Slayers Guild and choose your path through the perilous Northern Valley as you follow your quest to defeat the legendary Harbinger and become a true Monster Slayer.
– Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monstrous foes using a unique card-based combat system
– Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
– Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
– Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
– 12 different character classes to choose from: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer
– Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
– Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
– Beat the game to unlock the ultimate challenge: Legendary Mode
– Inspired by the much-loved deck-building RPG, Dream Quest, created by Peter Whalen (Hearthstone)
Source: Digerati PR