Don’t Sink launches early January on Switch
Posted on December 18, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Don’t Sink was announced for a fall release on Switch back in September. While that’s no longer happening, we can say that the game will be arriving on January 3.
In Don’t Sink, players can expect a mix of sandbox, adventure, and pirate RPG gameplay. It’ll let players explore “a massive world of unique islands and landscapes”.
Here’s some additional information and a trailer:
A Sandbox-Adventure-Pirate-RPG that takes inspiration from Pirates of the Caribbean (2003 video game), FTL: Faster Than Light, and Sid Meier’s Pirates but makes certain to stand out on its own.
IT’S A BRIGHT WORLD OUT THERE
Explore a massive world with unique handcrafted islands and landscapes, in a sea never sailed.
TAKE OVER THE LANDLUBBERS
Sail between islands to expand your control over the world and increase your reputation.
AHOY AND MASTER THE SEAS
Simple to pickup, difficult to master. Only experienced swashbucklers will be prepared for the challenges that await.
– Explore a massive world with unique islands and landscapes. Discuss rumors and discover the origins of each island by talking to the people that live there
– Expect the unexpected when at sea. Events you may be unprepared for may occur such as a foodborne illness among your crew. You’ll need to have access to the right supplies and have the experience to keep your ship afloat
– A casual but real challenge – While simple to pickup and understand, there are numerous events that only an experienced swashbuckler will be prepared for. This makes the game more satisfying for long term pirates
– Thoughtfully executed cutscenes that help to bring the world to life as well as reward pirates that explore
– Sailing between islands is necessary to expand your control over the world and to increase your reputation
– Tending to the morale, hunger, and thirst of your crew will require you to maintain a supply of food/water and consider whether or not rationing food is required during long journeys
– Governing islands you’ve conquered is a difficult responsibility as you will need to solve economic issues before they get out of hand
– Purchase larger ships as you fight your way through the sea. Famously powerful vessels such as the Galleon and Man of War are but a few of the available ships
– Capture islands, sink ships, defend your towns, and discover an exciting world full of adventure!
Source: Hitcents PR