Don’t Starve: Giant Edition screenshots, fact sheet
Posted on March 4, 2015 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U eShop
Don’t Starve: Giant Edition is an uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic.
You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.
Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.
Wii U Specifics
• Platform: Nintendo eShop/Wii U
• Genre: Survival, Action Adventure
• Rating: Teen (Crude Humor, Fantasy Violence)
• Launch Date: Spring 2015
• Developer: Klei Entertainment
• WiiU Specific Features:
o Enjoy Off-TV Mode!
o Use companion map via the Wii U GamePad to navigate around the world
• “Reign of Giants” DLC available at launch
Uncompromising Survival Mode
• No instructions, no tutorials, no handholding
• Start with nothing and prove your mettle against a hostile world
• Permadeath keeps you on your toes
Deep, Systems-based Gameplay
• Fight, farm, craft, scavenge – do anything you can in order to survive
• Experiment with and exploit seasons, propagation, hunger, sanity, monster AI, and more
• Unlock additional characters with strange new powers!
Unrelentingly Hard Story Mode
• Discover the dark secrets of the Don’t Starve world
• You will die! Again and again and again! And you will like it!
Randomly Generated Worlds
• Play a different game each time
• Includes an expansive over world with multiple biomes and dangerous, subterranean ruins
Dark and Whimsical Visuals
• Meticulously animated 2D characters inhabiting a 3D world
• Thousands of lines of player-character descriptions add flavour to the world
• Single Player Gameplay