Double Cross upcoming update detailed
Posted on February 22, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Double Cross will soon be receiving a new update on Switch. There will be various additions and adjustments involving levels, combat and movement, the menus, and more.
Below are the full patch notes:
- We added “ghost upgradium”, which lets you see the locations of upgradium crystals you have already obtained.
- Playing the Funky’s Arcadium level while having the “Toughen Up” upgrade equipped no longer breaks the game at the end of minigames.
- We fixed a location in the Goo Grotto where Zahra could fall through the ground and lock the game if falling from very high.
- Using the Double Jump upgrade in the Firebrand Factory will no longer break the camera or certain monster closets.
- Falling out of the caravan during the last second before an explosion in Bonecrackle Canyon no longer respawns you surrounded by invisible walls.
- We fixed a spawn point in Bonecrackle Canyon where players could get stuck inside a truck upon respawning.
- We fixed a bug with the camera at the beginning of Kaneda Boulevard.
- We added visual guides to the moving platforms in the Bowhemoth in Funky’s Arcadium.
- We fixed some camera jitter in RIFT HQ.
- We simplified the final challenge before the boss fight in Gootopia, and removed the jitter that was happening in it.
- We adjusted the beginning of the Funderdome boss fight so that players can’t get pushed into the floor.
- We fixed an issue where the Hanchobot’s hands would not explode properly.
- We added a new intro to the final boss fight, which includes a terminal that lets you change upgrades if you die during the fight.
- We added a better telegraph to one of the final boss’s attacks.
Combat and Movement
- We adjusted combat inputs to make performing more advanced moves easier.
- We made Zahra’s wall jump a bit more forgiving.
- Combat damage is now better communicated by having characters flash red when hurt.
- We reduced how much Zahra can push enemies by walking into them.
- Quitting to the main menu from RIFT HQ after completing a level no longer unlocks that level’s “Speed Demon” commendation.
- The Gootopia boss now properly gives you the “Nice Shot” commendation if defeated with a Fireball.
- We fixed an issue where the Quit button was not appearing. Everyone should be able to close the game without hitting Alt+F4 now.
- We also fixed an issue where the Permanent upgrades were showing instructions for Switch. Sorry for the confusion!
- Changing options on the main menu will no longer mute all the sound effects in the game until you have paused and unpaused.
- We added a button to access the Manual on the pause menu.
- The second line in Suspect X’s full description, with the information about the three worlds they’ve visited, is now unlocked when you actually get that information, and not earlier.
- The last line unlocked in the long descriptions of the profiles used to appear without line spacing from the previous one. This is no longer an issue.
- Replaying boss levels no longer shows red exclamation marks on Case Log items you unlocked the first time.
- “Give item” is now properly localized when showing clues to NPCs.
- Changed the game’s default language from French to English.
- Some typos have been fixed in English and Spanish. Feel free to let us know of any typos you find in your language, which we might not be as fluent at!
- The conversation between Zahra and Skip after beating the first level is no longer missing if you’re playing in Spanish.
- We added an option to skip dialogue by pressing Escape (or Start, on most controllers) while watching dialogue in levels you’ve already beaten.
- We adjusted the goo shader to properly reflect intended visuals.
- We fixed an issue where Sprout would look really aliased after being shown certain clue.
- We raised the overall volume of the game.
- We added the missing testers’ names to the credits.
- Finally, we added a super handy version number to the Options menu for easier bug reporting!
- We added a combat tutorial pop-up to the training level.