Dredge 1.3.0 update adds boat customization and more
Dredge just got a new 1.3.0 update that includes boat customization.
Players can now customize their craft by speaking to the new “Painter” character found in the starting area, who will let them choose a flag for their vessel and a new lick of paint. They can then search the seas for additional items to spruce up their trawler while hunting for 13 new twisted crustaceans, whose capture will unlock even more customization options.
Outside of boat customization, the Dredge 1.3.0 update also some adjustments and bug fixes.
Here’s the full rundown:
Dredge 1.3.0 update patch notes
- Added Boat Customization
- After you’ve acquired your dredge crane as part of the main story, a new character will set up shop at Little Marrow – The Painter! He’ll be able to make adjustments to your boat’s appearance.
- The Painter starts with some basic options available, but you’ll be able to discover additional paint ingredients and flag designs.
- Added crab aberrations (craberrations).
- Added a new filter to the Encyclopedia to display Crabs.
- Added a number of new shipwrecks around the world.Adjustments
- Equipment tooltips now display the previously hidden “Aberration Catch Bonus” statistic.
- Slightly buffed some of these values on some rods.
- Rebalanced crab pots slightly.
- All crab pots provide some aberration catch bonus, with higher tier / special pots offering a larger bonus.
- Mouth of The Deep catch rate and duration reduced to make progressing the crab pot tech tree more meaningful.Fixes
- Fixed an issue where in very rare cases, the game would take longer than expected to save. Losing power during this time would cause save files (and in some cases, backup save files) to become corrupt.
- Added a new font which should handle Japanese characters better and prevent them from falling back to use Chinese characters in some scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on the boat upgrade purchase button too quickly could cause the screen to get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where some areas of the sea floor reported that they were 100m+ deep when they clearly were not.
- Fixed an issue where some achievements would not trigger immediately if the last thing they required was for you to catch a crab.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on the map screen if it was switched to another screen while a marker was being placed.
- Fixed some small animation issues.
We have a trailer showing off today’s new update below.