Eastward is set to receive new DLC in the form of the Octopia expansion. This will be available during the holiday.
The DLC follows Sam and John as they start a peaceful new life as farmers in a remote mountainside village. It’ll feature crops to grow, livestock to tend to, and cooking plus holes to visit, ghosts to chat to, and a colorful cast of Eastward characters to impress with John’s new recipes.
Here’s an official overview:
Players will grow crops, tend to livestock, and unleash their culinary creativity using freshly farmed produce to whip up scrumptious new meals, which are then stored in John’s Big Cookbook. There are fishing holes to visit, ghosts to chat to, and a colourful cast of Eastward characters to impress with John’s new recipes.
As the farm grows, so does the nearby town, with players able to transform an abandoned fairground into a thriving community, constructing homes and shops, and welcoming in familiar NPCs as new neighbours.
- Help Sam & John lead a peaceful new life in the countryside – no miasma, no hardships, just happy times in a parallel universe
- Revitalise a neglected farmstead; grow crops, rear animals, forage in the wetlands, talk to ghosts, and spend your nights casting your line in the local fishing holes
- Construct and upgrade stores and homes to restore Seagull Town into a thriving community
- As the town begins to flourish, more familiar faces will flock to the area – some may even stay for good!
- Using farm-fresh ingredients and John’s Cookbook, create recipes and whip up delicious culinary delights to share with your neighbours
- 15-20 hours of pixel perfect gameplay
- Playable in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese
Watch a trailer for Eastward: Octopia below.
Eastward: Octopia can be accessed from the start menu, so players can begin their farming adventure straight away, regardless of their progress in the base game.