Fortnite content update: Fly Explosives Limited Time Mode, Guided Missile and more
Posted on July 31, 2018 by Matt(@OnePunchMaz) in News, Switch eShop
A new content update has gone live in Fortnite. Among other things, it adds a new Limited Time Mode, Fly Explosives. In this mode, only explosive weapons can be found and Jetpacks are more plentiful and have more fuel. The Guided Missile weapon is also back and has been tweaked a bit. Below is the full list of additions and changes:
Limited Time Mode: Fly Explosives
This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM and the vaulted Limited Time Item Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Only Explosive Weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Fly Explosives Jetpacks have increased fuel regen rate & decreased burn rate compared to Default Jetpacks, to keep pilots in the sky a bit longer.
- Between-storm wait times have been reduced due to players needing less time to find adequate loot (avg. match length should be lower than 20m).
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
Limited Time Mode: Playground
- The following weapons and items have been added to the Playground LTM only.
- Guided Missile
- Nameplates will no longer appear for members of the opposite team.
Weapons + Items
- Guided Missile returns!
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fuse duration reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- Movement Speed decreased from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4/2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 down to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced structure damage down from 1100 to 400.
- Explosions now damage structures with no regard for Line of Sight.
- Guided Missile can also be controlled via keyboard using the default movement inputs.
- The issues with Slurp Juice have been fixed and it can once again be looted in-game.