Fortnite launches John Wick in-game event
Posted on May 16, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Epic Games and Lionsgate have announced a collaboration that has seen the launch of a John Wick in-game event based on the film franchise. It includes a unique Wick’s Bounty limited time mode as well as free John Wick challenges, in which players can earn rewards such as the Gold Coin Back Bling, the One Shot Glider, and Boogeyman Wrap.
The in-game shop has also been updated with the John Wick Set. When purchased, players will be given he John Wick Outfit along with the Simple Sledge Pickaxe.
Here’s the full rundown of the event:
Wick’s Bounty LTM Details
- Eliminating a player awards one gold coin for every elimination they have + however many bounty points the target had.
- Top three coin leaders are displayed on a HUD scoreboard (Bounty Leaders).
- Coin leaders have a gold/silver/bronze #1/2/3 icon over their heads
- Coin leaders can be seen on the map/compass when they are nearby and moving or shooting.
- Coin leaders can be seen by everyone on map/compass when they are moving or shooting.
- Coin leaders will have a gold/silver/bronze glow around them
Once a player crosses the last point threshold, they will remain on the map and have the alt Wick skin for the rest of the match, even if they lose the point lead.
First to 1000 tokens wins the match.
And a trailer:
Source: Epic Games PR