Going Under update out now (version 1.0.2), patch notes
Posted on November 27, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
A new 1.0.2 update is live for the Switch version of Going Under. New features, balance changes, and bug fixes are included.
Below are the full patch notes:
- Added an option to turn off the jitter effect in the menus (This was meant to be in to begin with whoops)
- You can now control the menus with your controller’s D-pad
- There is now a menu option to change between holding the trigger & pressing it to toggle Focus
- Attempting to swap inventory slots while attacking or dodge rolling will now buffer the input and swap the weapon once the action ends
- “Attack Speed Up” buff now improves the reload time of projectile-type weapons
- Added an option to view the credits from the title menu
- The dialogue before founder boss fights will now be skipped if you already have their share.
- Added the option to invert the camera’s X-Axis control.
- Enemies should no longer spawn so close to the player when they first enter a new combat room.
- Screenshake algorithm has changed to have a smoother falloff and less intensity when smacking a bunch of environment objects. Try it out!
- Confidence Juice and Tappi’s max-level mentor bonus now play music to let you know how long they last.
- You can now date the Slime Hand in Winkydink. “Just like real life. -Nick”Balance Changes:
- Made earning 5 stars in the Styxcoin Event slightly more lenient
- Nerfed the Rifle from 100 shots to 80
- You can now use SelfCare+ at max HP and it will grant 2 armor instead of 1
- Beggar Queen’s damage bonus has been reduced slightly, and no longer applies to unarmed attacks.
- Purchase Protection now only triggers on cash purchases of $10 or more.
- Fern’s vending machine will stop working after buying 3-6 cans.
- Removed Upcycle+’s old “replacement” functionality and instead made it increase the size of the held item (to potentially hilarious effect)
- Slime Hand’s scissor attack has been made a bit easier to avoid.
- Extended the length of Retaliatory’s damage buff from 2 seconds to 3.
- Fire Grates in Winkydink now turn off when the combat concludes.
- Fixed an issue where extra connected controllers would fail to function (and even some keyboards & mice from the future would cause this)
- Fixed an issue where force closing the game during Ray’s “app announcement scene” could prevent apps from unlocking for the rest of the game
- Prevented Eclaire from glitching into walls & floors
- Fixed issue where walking Eclaire or possessing a debt ball would cause you to teleport around when riding a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where dollars wouldnt succ to Jackie if she was Downsized
- Fixed an issue with a rare Winkydink room containing a weird hat with no weapon icon
- Fixed an issue with the Resolution setting in the options where it would only say “1920×1080”
- Fixed an issue where enemies wouldnt spawn in a certain room in Styxcoin
- Fixed an issue where the options menu showed that the scroll wheel is how to Switch Focus Target on mouse/keyboard. The actual way is with the 1 and 2 keys.
- Fixed an issue where the calculator would display as a 2 damage item but hit for 4.
- Over-protective now works properly when used as a Pinned Skill
- NPC’s names now appear properly in dialogue scenes
- Steam achievements relating to completing mentorships now work properly. If you’ve already reached level 4 with a mentor and failed to get their achievement, completing a dungeon run (or just entering a dungeon and abandoning) should grant you the achievement.
- Fixed an issue where using Ray’s max-level mentor bonus once would break it (and some other things) until the game was restarted
- The Hauntrepreneur’s “shop” will now correctly sometimes spawn a briefcase full of cash instead of an empty slot
- You can no longer chill on Swomp’s couch multiple times in the same run
- The Styxcoin boss’s death explosion will no longer hurt the player
- You can no longer exit Avie’s room once entering it
- Added a failsafe that should prevent soft locks caused by frozen enemies never unfreezing
- The briefcase in the Haunt’s garage will prompt the player to “Acquire” instead of “Buy” it
- Prevented Kara’s max-level mentor app spawning while using a different mentor
- Fixed a rare soft lock related to the Caffiend’s launch animation
- Changed the way Canbassadors spawn in the Caffiend fight, and eliminated the issue where they occasionally fail to activate
- Fixed an issue where Emotive would trigger from dodged/blocked damage, occasionally resulting in 1000 slimes spawning and crashing the game
- Team Player now reacts properly to the player taking fire damage.
- Prevented the player from defeating a boss and triggering the victory cutscene in the same frame as being defeated
- Companions now set themselves to either side of Jackie instead of right on top of her when entering new rooms, preventing an issue where you could be shoved into the void by your companions in certain dungeons
- Fixed an issue where only Forbidden Flavors would spawn once unlocked
- Fixed an issue where using Swomp’s chill zone too much would break it permanently
- Fixed an issue where the hurtboxes of Hover Hands’ hands were inaccurate.
- Prevented an issue where completing a mentor level at the same time as getting the 3rd Share could soft lock game progress until restarted.
- Fixed cubes turning bright white when opened.
- Fixed an issue where picking up an app in a room that offered a choice between skills would despawn all the skills
- Removed a brief moment where the game could be paused during the final cutscene
- Removed a brief moment where the background would be visible after the credits ended
- Fixed various dialogue typos
These are the primary patch notes, but there are a few more details relating to spoilers. You can find information about that here.