Gothic horror RPGs Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition, Sunless Sea: Zubmariner announced for Switch
Posted on October 19, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Publisher Digerati and developer Failbetter Games have announced that the Kickstarter-funded gothic horror RPG Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition is coming to Switch. It’ll be out on Nintendo’s console in the first half of 2020.
Also confirmed today is that Sunless Sea: Zubmariner, another gothic horror RPG from Failbetter Games, will be making its way to Switch. The title is also slated for later in 2020.
Here’s some additional information and trailers for Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition and Sunless Sea: Zubmariner:
Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition
Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition is a Gothic Horror roleplay game with a focus on exploration and exquisite storytelling. Ready your star-faring engine, and venture into an expanse of hostile factions, lurking deities, forbidden knowledge, vast fortune, and fates worse than death.
– A narrative RPG set in the Fallen London universe.
– Explore four regions: celestial wilderness, impossible industrial empire, pagan midnight expanse, and the mysterious Blue Kingdom.
– Choose your crew and your fate. Reveal your captain’s history and skills. Change and be changed by the world.
– Danger lurks in the heavens. Fight or flee from sky-beasts and enemy ships, and balance fuel, supplies and hunger to carve out a life in the skies.
– 800,000+ words of intertwining stories with a depth and richness unlike anything else in games
Sunless Sea: Zubmariner
Take the helm of your zubmarine and set sail for the unknown! Zubmariner is the first expansion to Sunless Sea: deeper, darker, and more marvellous than anything you’ve seen before.
All the powers of the Neath agree: there is Nothing of Consequence beneath the Zee. They are lying. You’ve heard there are fortunes to be made by those brave enough – or hungry enough – to dare the deeps.
Disturb the aberrant societies that flourish in the dark. Defy wreckers. Seduce a Drownie. Embrace or condemn the distinctly un-British customs of these cold, fathomless places.
You will definitely die. Will your next captain dive?
– More of the deep, compelling world of Sunless Sea and Fallen London, packed with stories and secrets. Plunder mournful wrecks on the zee-bed. Dive into unplumbed abysses and claim their eerie blessings. Seek immortality.
– More beautiful, hand drawn art. Witness the marvels beneath the Sea of Statues and the Principles of Coral. Visit the quaint undersea parish of Low Barnet.
– Convert your ship into a zubmarine and dive anywhere in open water to discover new cities, zee-beasts and environments to terrify your crew and slake your hungers.
– 11 new underzee ports, each with their own tales and opportunities for the enterprising Trespasser. Visit Dahut, the city of drowned delights. Brave Wrack, where a Fair King rules the unforgivable. Explore Anthe, and sharpen your tongue, your liver, and your spleen.
– New enemies to face, from the cunning Wreckship to the inexorable Constant Companion.
– Discover the treasures the zee has claimed. Explore ancient wrecks, avoid hostile witherweed, discover the unexploded Unclear Bomb.
– Seek immortality in a new ambition! Track down the Seven Against Nidah, who once came within reach of eternal life. Can you succeed where they failed?
– Sanity is scarcer. Death is closer. We warned you, Trespasser. You should not have come.
Source: Digerati PR