Killer Queen Black – full patch notes for version 1.62 (Betelgeuse Update)
Killer Queen Black received a major Betelgeuse Update this week. Liquid Bit and BumbleBear Games introduced enhanced party features, gameplay improvements, and more.
Below are the full patch notes for version 1.62:
Enhanced Party Features
- Adding a second controller locally while in a remote party will now add that player to the party.
- Local play now allows you to add controllers/players everywhere, not just on the title screen.
- When in a Quick Play or a Ranked Match, players can now see who is in a party together.
- Players can now see the status of their friends’ parties and join from the Friend List.
- Players in a party can now receive invites to other parties.
- Added a Party Widget on the main menu to easily access party members, online friends, and privacy.
- Recently played shows the last 25 players you played against.
Custom Match Enhancements
- Modified Custom Match UI to improve match setup experience.
- Players no longer have to be in a party to join a Custom Match.
- Players can now back out of Custom Match “Meet Thy Family” and return to the lobby.
- Inactivity timeout on Custom Match has been increased to 10 minutes.
- Custom Match now has multiple ways people can join:
- Create a code that allows any player to join.
- Set the Match Privacy settings to “Friends” to allow players to join straight from the friend list.
- Improved voice chat in Custom Match to allow players to separate out voice as follows:
- Match Chat: All players in a match can chat in both game and lobby.
- Team Chat: Chat is limited to teams during the game, but all players in the lobby.
- Parties now have multiple privacy settings enabling players to join together by:
- Invite Only: Players can only join your party via an invitation.
- Friends: Friends can join your party without an invitation.
- Friends of Friends: Friends of friends can join your party without an invitation.
- Added a new map: “The Nesting Flats”
- Changes to The Helix Temple:
- Top gates have been moved further apart.
- Top berries take slightly longer to reach.
- The central berry pile is harder to deplete quickly.
- Added a new special win condition frame.
- Winning teams can now clap as well as dance in Post Match.
- Speed upgrade now affects vertical momentum for soldiers.
- Worker jump now has more variable upwards velocity based on button press length.
- Berry throws slightly more powerful.
- In-Game chat widget now separated by team side.
- New intro animations for players on the “Meet Thy Family” screen.
- New VFX added to gameplay.
- Various other UI and UX improvements including Friend List and Leader Board performance enhancements.
Berry throw-ins are now calculated in the following ways:
- Count it as +1 berry for the worker who threw it in the hive, in the following situations:
- It does not touch anything before going in.
- It bounces off a wall and/or ceiling first, but no other player.
- It skids along the floor before falling into a berry hole without touching another player.
- It bounces off an enemy player first.
- It bounces off another berry bouncing around the hive.
- Count it as a +1 for the last player to touch the berry in the following situations:
- Berry was thrown by a worker and it hits their teammate before going into a hole.
- Any player (queen, soldier, or worker carrying a berry) touches a berry and it flies into a hole in the hive. Could be with their body or with their weapon (ie mace).
- A berry is pushed into a hole by another berry that was touched by a player.