Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to Switch
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light as well as Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris are both coming to Switch, Square Enix just announced. The company is teaming up with Feral Interactive, the studio that previously brought GRID Autosport and Alien: Isolation to the console.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light initially released in 2010. Then in 2014, Crystal Dynamics made Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. These games mark the debut of the Tomb Raider franchise on Switch.
Below are overviews and trailers for both titles:
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is an action/adventure game featuring Lara Croft. This brand extension combines the hallmarks of the Tomb Raider franchise including exploration & discovery, platforming, and puzzle solving combined with character progression, fun fast-paced combat, and elements of human cooperation and competition.
- First downloadable only title from Crystal Dynamics, and first downloadable only Lara Croft game.
- A classic formula of puzzles, combat, exploration, and breathtaking visuals put through the lens of an isometric fast-paced gaming experience.
- A wide range of options for solving puzzles and traversing deadly environmental traps, offering players an unprecedented level of freedom to choose their own solutions and explore various paths through the dense jungles of Central America.
- Crystal Dynamics’ proprietary engine delivers sprawling environments with no load-times and unbelievable vertical gameplay through tombs reaching deep into the Earth.
- Face off against a myriad of undead warriors brought to life by the evil Xolotl, including a number of boss battles that are not to be missed!
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is the sequel to the critically-acclaimed Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, and the first-ever four-player co-op experience with Lara Croft. Featuring stunning visuals and a brand-new story, players must work together to explore the temple, defeat hordes of enemies from the Egyptian underworld, solve devious puzzles, and avoid deadly traps. All the while, players will compete for treasure, powerful artifacts, and ultimate bragging rights.
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris takes place deep in the deserts of Egypt. In her new adventure, Lara must join forces with rival treasure hunter Carter Bell and imprisoned gods Horus and Isis, to defeat the evil god Set. As Lara and her companions fight the elements of nature across the sands and through ancient tombs, they will battle legendary deities and creatures of myth. With the fate of the world at stake, Lara must recover the fragments of Osiris to stop Set from enslaving all mankind.
- Critically Acclaimed Franchise – Sequel to the award winning Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, one of the best-selling digital titles of all time.
- All-New Adventure – Lara must overcome deadly traps and forsaken gods to uncover the missing pieces of Osiris and change her fate.
- Classic Arcade Action – First ever 4 player co-op multiplayer experience featuring Lara Croft. Have your friends play as Carter, Isis, and Horus while you play as Lara in the fully cooperative story mode – both offline and online supported.
- Competitive Co-op – Compete against your friends with seamless drop-in/drop-out co-op to earn bigger rewards, treasures, and powerful artifacts to boost your character. Will you work together or will you sacrifice your friends for a higher score?
- Explore The Temple of Osiris – Lara’s return to a fan-favorite location featuring stunning visuals with dynamic weather and world state changes.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris will arrive for Switch in 2022.
Source: Square Enix PR