Lots of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS details, AKB48 promotion
Update: Added more details, larger/higher-quality AKB48 images.
Nintendo is currently holding demo event in Japan, and lots of details have started to emerge. Head past the break for heads-on impressions with the information. Also be sure to check out the AKB48 (Japanese idol group) promotion images above.
– Wolf deconfirmed
Fox has an alternate skin
That looks exactly like wolf
He’s gray fur
Purple eye device and grayish clothing
It’s the only skin that changes foxes fur
This is only a color, NOT a costume
– Bowser has a “No Bones” Costume (Dry Bowser I believe?)
Peach’s butt bomb is hugely buffed. It has barely any startup time anymore.
link has a costume with like red markings under his eyes. It looks nothing like link… But his eyes are whitened and has red markings and he’s dark colored clothing. There’s also a white and blue link.
toon link has the four swords colors + old style link color, the black with red eyes.
there is no Melee dash dancing. It’s incredibly hard to do with the circle pad but it’s essentially the same thing as brawls. IE not super useful or practical.
I retested ledge mechanics.
I WAS RIGHT. I used megaman this time and reaffirmed my experiences with Ike.
There is a short and small window of time after dropping from the ledge that the ledge becomes “immune” to your grab.
This has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRUMP MECHANIC. It was completely individually on the character. It is not very apparent on characters with flips for 2ndary jumps, as the ledge grab action waits for the flip to finish and the window for “ledge immunity” seems to end before the flip animation does. Megaman and Ike do not have flips, and it was impossible for me to the ledge after jumping/falling off it for a period of time.
I am essentially 100% of sure this.
There is no island toon link costume.
– Ledge snap SEVERELY nerfed. I feels like Melee ledge grab.
– Meta knights up b is like Marth’s up b. It hits people like once and sorta knocks them away and has an upward direction to it.
His tornado still has a lot of hits but you can DI it pretty easy because the hits are actually less frequent, I don’t know yet about its priority.
– Pivot cancel is still in
– Pac Man is SLOW. Every single one of his aerials are kicks. His forward aerial is a double kick, his back air is like Mario. The thing that stood our about him is his utter sluggish-ness. His fall speed is like brawl. His run speed is slow. His forward b sends a pellet out in front of him, and then he turns in to classic pacman and boosts towards it. It’s kind of like greninja’d shadow sneak thing except you can’t time it.
– lucario is unchanged except his smash attacks feel MUCH faster.
– peach is unchanged except for her up aerial. It’s now a rainbow thing, it has an arched hitbox over the top of her head, she draws it with her hand.
– Zelda has a white costume
– Ike feels unchanged. I was never an Ike main so I don’t know the specifics but his attacks were all the same general thing, nothing new I noticed.
– pacman. He feels slow, but his attacks felt like they had a good hitbox, because he’s really fat and his legs stretch when he kicks. He just felt really interesting to play, but I ended up using his aerials the most because of their hit boxes.
– Peach’s turnip pull speed is nerfed. She can still move in to float to do things like crown and nair. Her fsmash goes tennis club, golf club, and frying pan. I believe it’s a set order now.
– Sonic still dies pitifully if you end up in a spin without a jump
– ledge stalling may be impossible now? If you drop from the ledge and jump back up, you literally will just NOT grab it. It’s like the ledge gains invulnerability to your grab for a certain time after you let go. DO NOT TAKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT. I am not 100% sure I need to try it again on my 2nd go around but in my last match I basically lived on the ledge trying this out.
I could no re-grab the ledge directly after letting go and jumping back in to obvious grab range.
– palutena’s smash reach is incredible. Her up smash is the giant pillar laser beam thing. Her side smash moves a bit forward and her wings slap in front of her.
– robin is FANTASTIC. Magic is not slow, when he has his spell book his attack speed is really good. If you use a smash attack in the air IT USES HIS MAGIC SMASHES. If you use a normal aerial it uses his other weapon.
– Lucina is not playable.
– chrom appears in robins victory pose.
– they are really right on pictures and video. I almost got kicked out for trying.
– villagers up b is the most overpowered recovery I’ve ever seen.
– whoever is worried about combos, there are combos.
– YOU CAN CANCEL RUN WITH SHEILD.
– Olimar has Alph as a costume
– Robin’s hair model doesn’t change. Only color changes.
– Fox has a Wolf color scheme
– Glasses Pikachu confirmed
– Fierce Diety Link confirmed (Face changes too)
– White tunic and Purple tunic confirmed
– His down air has less recovery frames, but doesn’t have as much knockback.
– Boomerang throwing animation is more reminiscent of how it used to look in 64
– Black and purple Yoshi colors confirmed
– Charizard’s up throw is seismic toss, similar to Kirby’s throw.
(rumored) Costumes/colors atm
Peach: Fire Peach
Yoshi: Black, Purple (no white)
Link: Fierce Diety, White, Purple
Pit: No black color
Palutena: Viridi color
Olimar: Alph (full model change)
Meta Knight: Dark Meta, Galacta Knight
Fox: Wolf color (may just be Brawl’s black Fox)
Pikachu: Gold/Silver’s Trainer Hat, X/Y’s Trainer hat, Party hat returns
Charizard: Shiny Charizard
Robin: His hair color changes, but not the model
Pac-Man: His color doesn’t change, but he wears accessories.