A release date has come in for Lunark, the upcoming pixel-art sci-fi adventure from WayForward and Canari Games. It’s been confirmed that the title will reach Switch on March 30, 2023.
It’s been a long wait for Lunark as we first heard about it back in 2019. WayForward then confirmed last June that it would publish the game.
Those interested in finding out more can read the following overview:
Set on a distant planet ruled by a totalitarian regime, Lunark is a modern take on the 2D cinematic platformer genre of the ’90s. As Leo, a courier with unique abilities and a mysterious past, you’ll run, jump, hang, climb, roll, and shoot through gorgeously animated pixel-art environments ranging from a dystopian megalopolis to eerie caves to an alien forest. You must overcome traps, solve puzzles, earn upgrades, and battle enemy droids, and when you’re not fighting for survival, you’ll meet a cast of colorful characters who will put Leo’s allegiances to the test. Uncover the dark origin of humanity’s new home and the truth about yourself in this epic sci-fi adventure!
• Experience a modern 2D cinematic platformer with precision gameplay, stunning animation, and rotoscoped cutscenes!
• Immerse yourself in a compelling sci-fi story of survival, revolution, and mystery
• Intuitive but versatile controls: Run, jump, hang, climb, roll, and shoot your way to freedom!
• Explore glorious pixel-art environments, including mysterious alien ruins, a flying penitentiary, a high-tech megalopolis, and an alien forest
• Solve puzzles, overcome traps, and interact with a variety of characters
• Discover hidden upgrades to expand your health and weapon capabilities
• Yes, you can pet the dog (and cat)!
Check out a new video promoting the release date news for Lunark below.
Lunark will initially be sold on the Switch eShop. Limited Run Games will offer a physical release later on.