Mario Kart Tour confirms addition of battles and more
Nintendo has shared details about the next Mario Kart Tour update, which will include the addition of battles.
Battles will be supported in both single-player and multiplayer. It’ll work just like other entries in the series where the goal is to pop your opponents’ balloons.
We also know that the Spotlight Shop is planned where you can exchange rubies for drivers, karts, and gliders. In related news, pipes you can fire by using rubies will be removed.
Here’s a full rundown of the next Mario Kart Tour update:
- New ways to play are being added to multiplayer.
- Battles are coming to single player and multiplayer. In these battles, each player has balloons attached to their kart. Your goal is to pop your opponents’ balloons!
- The modes Standard Race and Gold Race will be combined, and Gold Race, available only to subscribers of the Mario Kart Tour Gold Pass, will be removed.
- Note: Gold Pass subscribers will still be able to increase their grade to S and higher.
- Shop Renovations
- adds Spotlight Shop, where you can purchase drivers, karts, and gliders featured in tour using rubies. New drivers, karts, and gliders, as well as drivers, and gliders that have appeared in the past, will be available.
- The Pipe you can fire by using rubies will be removed.
- The benefit that applied to some drivers, karts, and gliders who appeared in the pipes you could fire by using rubies that “boosted them so the 2nd and 3rd course of all cups during the tour are favored and favorite courses” will be removed.
Mario Kart Tour is currently available on mobile via iOS and Android.