Metal Unit update out now on Switch
Posted on October 22, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News
Metal Unit has received a bunch of new content, as publisher Neowiz and developer JellySnow Studio started distribution of an update this week on Switch.
Players can now randomly access a brand new dungeon known as “The Ruins” as they work their way through Chapter 4 of the main game. Ten powerful new equipment items have been added as well, including the Holonade, Phase Boots, and SDA-Hammer. New skins, achievements, and fixes and improvements are also included.
Below are the full patch notes for this week’s Metal Unit update:
- New character portrait art during cinematics
- New ruins dungeon (Deeplava) with unique progression system
- New player skin and achievement
- New items (10+) and new item type (hologram)
- Improved map UI during map transition
- Hide player UI during cinematic transitions
- Improved cutscene before final boss battle
- Fixed sprites layering issues
All players can access all of the latest content and improvements now as part of the free patch.
Metal Unit first appeared on Switch this past summer as a digital download on the eShop. Then a couple of weeks ago, Super Rare Games revealed a physical version and promptly started pre-orders. The physical edition has since sold out.
Source: Neowiz PR