Monster Sanctuary announces “The Forgotten World Update”
Support continues for Monster Sanctuary, as it’s been announced that the game is getting its new “The Forgotten World Update”. Switch players can access it starting on June 30, 2022.
The upcoming update contains lots of new content – we’re talking a new area, new monsters, new modes, and more. That’s on top of other aspects like a level cap increase and quality of life improvements.
The patch notes for Monster Sanctuary’s The Forgotten World Update are as follows:
A New Area
- Become the first keeper in history to discover the Forgotten World, and its secrets. Delve deep into the lush environments of the Forgotten World, and make use of your companion’s abilities to explore what will be the most expansive area of the game to date!
- Encounter 9 new, ancient Monsters that were thought to be long extinct as you venture into The Forgotten World – and one new optional Champion Monster! Continue to push your team building skills to the limits, with over 200,000 Monster Team combinations.
New Game Modes
Take advantage of 3 new game modes!
- All Monsters in game are randomly swapped around! Randomizer adds infinite replay ability options to Monster Sanctuary. Once activated, this game mode cannot be deactivated.
- Once your Monster is knocked out in combat, it is permanently defeated. There is no way to revive them (except for Phoenix Affinity and Charged Rebirth). You can still use the exploration abilities of a defeated Monster. As soon as all of your Monsters are defeated, Permadeath will be disabled and all of your Monsters will be usable again!
- This mode will allow you to play with a limited selection of Monsters to test your team building skills! You will start with 3 random Monsters. In each area, you will gain one new random egg from a treasure chest found nearby the entrance to the area. You cannot gain any other Monster eggs through any other means, except for story events.
All of them can be combined with each other and New Game+. The existing difficulty modes (Casual, Normal, Master) will also work with these new game modes! These are not recommended for beginners.
- Not only do the 10 new Monsters come with new skills, but the skill trees of all Monsters have been revamped with new skill nodes!
New Legendary Keepers
- Discover new legendary keepers to battle and defeat in tactical 3v3 combat!
- QoL Changes
- 13 New Equipment Items
- Level Cap Increase
We have a trailer for Monster Sanctuary’s The Forgotten World Update below.