Monster Sanctuary “Relics of Chaos” update announced, patch notes
Original (5/9): Monster Sanctuary has another big update in store that should be appearing on Switch very soon.
The highlight here is Relic Mode, which adds a new type of equipment to the game. Players can also use new skills. Finally, there’s various quality of life improvements along with tons of balance changes.
The full patch notes for the Monster Sanctuary “Relics of Chaos” update are as follows:
New game mode: Relic Mode
This is a new game mode that adds a new type of equipment to the game: “Relics”!
Relics are powerful equipment with some over the top effects, but often have some drawbacks or restrictions.
In Relic mode, you’ll find one random Relic in a random chest in every area. The chest has a special color and contains its normal items along with the Relic. Additionally, you can get random Relics from reward boxes and buy Relics from the new Arena Coupon NPC once you’ve reached the Keeper Master rank. There are 39 Relics total, and they are not allowed in PvP matchmaking. In private lobbies they can be enabled.
- Static Strike – First hit never misses and deals 15% more damage when not critical
- Riposte – Counter Attack with 300% Defense and triples the chance to trigger on hit effects
- Shock Support – Non damaging actions apply shock to two random enemies
- Heavy Hitter – Monster gains 1% crit damage for every 20 Defense
- Healing Echo – When using a single target healing action, also heal another ally with the lowest health by 35% that ability’s total healing amount
Quality of Life Changes
- The Map now shows how much % of it you already explored! When selecting a tile it only shows it for that area.
- A button has been added which lets you use Smoke Bombs in the Skill selection menu during combat.
- ‘Remove Flashes’ option (Removes menu blinking and screen flashes in combat)
- You can Inspect your own Monstera now
- Crit Chance and Crit Damage is displayed for Monsters when inspecting them
- You can rewatch the final cutscenes multiple times instead of only after beating the final boss (There is a NPC to the left of the PvP Arena, after defeating the final boss). He also gives you an option to make a Team photo together with your Monsters!
- Increased Monster Gold gain formula
- You can name the 3 starting Monster in Bravery Mode at the very start
- Light and Dark shifts alternate for all monsters found in the wild now
- Goblin Miner now has a double explore ability (light + Crush)
- Indicator if a monster has been fully fed or not (small Cutlery icon right next to the level)
- The legendary keeper encounters also grant a small amount of gold now (1000), both on normal defeat and re-fights.
- The Icon in the taskbar will blink / ask for attention when you’ve found a match in PvP (if the game is in tray. Windows only.)
- If an Attack is “dodged” it is visually represented by the “text” dodge rather than miss
- Option added to open all boxes (of the selected version)
- Possibility to take back recently assigned Skill Points (Until you exit game or the monster participates in an encounter)
- Added Savefile Management options (Delete/Copy)
- Game will no longer accept mouse input, if another program is in front of it
- Added a Merchant in the Infinity Arena that will sell Reward box items for coupons attainable through the arena (you earn 1 Arena Coupons every 12 levels, not counting the levels you started on).
- Tengu, Promethean, Kame: gains ‘Static Strike’
- Sizzle Knight: gains ‘Riposte’, ‘Electrify’, ‘Kindle’, ‘Cascade’, ‘Heavy Hitter’, loses ‘Shield Aura’, ‘Mana Plus’, ‘Shocking Current’, ‘Burning Heat’, ‘Crit Damage Plus’
- Elderjel, Manticorb: Light shift +1 base mana
- Glowfly: gains ‘Shock Support’, ‘Healing Echo’
- Qillin, Shockhopper: gains ‘Shock Support’
- Raduga: gains ‘Critical Mass’, loses ‘Critical Boon’. Dark shift +1 base magic, +1 base mana, light shift -1 Health
- Crackle Knight: gains ‘Heavy Hitter’, loses ‘Mana Plus’
- Diavola: gains ‘Heavy Hitter’
- Imori: gains ‘Heavy Hitter’, loses ‘Crit Damage Plus’
- Thanatos: gains ‘First Impact’, ‘Vicious,’ ‘Shared Glory’, ‘Giantsbane’, loses ‘Health Plus’ and ‘Duality’. Both shifts gain +1 attack & magic.
- Monk, Sycophantom: gains ‘Healing Echo’
- Molebear: gains ‘Critical Boon’, ‘Tenacious Barrier’
- Megataur: gains ‘Combo Initiator’, ‘Crit Chance+’, loses ‘Situational Support’, ‘Protector’ and -1 Base Defense. Light shift loses -1 Max Health
- Dracozul: both shifts gain +1 attack, +1 magic & +1 Mana
- Draconoir, Draconov, Dracomer: both shifts gain +1 attack & +1 magic
- Lava Blob: gains ‘Death Blow’
- Ice Blob: gains ‘Disarming Shielding’
- Rainbow Blob: gains ‘Phoenix Affinity’, ‘Strike Mastery’, ‘Armor Bypass’ +1 Base Mana, loses ‘Life Stability’, ‘Health Plus’, ‘Crit Damage+’.
- Beetloid: gains ‘Chain Reaction’
- Mogwai: Both shifts gain +1 attack & +1 magic
- Nautilid: gains ‘Shock Support’, ‘Miracle’, ‘Spell Mastery’. Loses ‘Psychokinesis’. Light shift changed to Mass Mystify.
- Tanuki: gains ‘Auto Restore’, ‘Buffing Heal’, ‘Auto Restore’, ‘Critical Healing’, ‘Improved Assault’, loses ‘Shield Aura’, ‘Meditation’, ‘Potion Mastery’, ‘Defense Focus’, ‘Improved Glory’
- Bard: light shift -1 Health
- Terradrile: gains ‘Heavy Hitter’, loses ‘Tenacious Barrier’
- Frosty: gains ‘Jolly Spirit’
- Spectral Toad: gains ‘Tenacious Barrier’, light shift +1 Max Health, dark shift +1 Max Health, +1 Attack, +1 Magic
- Spectral Lion: gains ‘Glorious Spark’
- Glowfly: +Healing Echo (shock support position changed)
- Krakaturtle: gains ‘Static Mass’
- Polterofen: Light Shift -1 Base Defense
- Crystal Snail: Light Shift -1 Base Health
- Targoat: Light Shift -1 Base Health
- Goblin Brute: Both shifts gain +1 Base Mana
- Vertraag: gains Sorcerous Boost. Positions of Void Flare and Healing Wave swapped in the skill tree.
- Aurumtail: Both shifts gain +1 Base Mana and +1 Base Health
- ‘Duality’ cannot trigger ‘shared’ buff skills anymore and vise versa
- ‘Curse Resistance’ is an unique aura now that gives 25% chance to resist debuff/negative stacks application
- ‘Tenacious Barrier’ now reduces Debuff effects by 10% per stack (instead of resisting them)
- ‘Path to Ascension’, ‘Path to Knowledge’ and ‘Path to Valhalla’ skills are unique now
- ‘Wonder Potion’ has all its values reduced by 1 (was 4&4 / 2&2 for multi. Now is 3&3 / 1&1)
- ‘Burning Desire’ reduced to 3% (previously 4%)
- ‘Volatile Shield’ deals 150% damage now (previously 175%)
- ‘Spark’ values increased to 45 def, 30 Mana Regen and 60% chance to apply burn (on highest upgrade level)
- ‘Mana Donor’ increased to 30% (previously 25%)
- ‘Mana Focus’ increased to 30% (previously 25%)
- ‘Occult Control’ increased to 3,5% (previously 3%)
- ‘Support Chord’ the random buff can no longer trigger any additional sharing skills
- ‘Minnesang’ reduced the heal count by 1 on every level, but increase the attack scaling a bit to 30% (previously 25%)
- ‘Glitter’ Increased to 6% (previously 5%)
- ‘Worm Troop’ Increased heal and mana regen value to 20% (previously 10%)
- ‘Mass Mystify’ Increased chance to 70% (previously 60%) and make it apply a random buff to a random ally
- ‘Icy Fists’ Increased chance to 50% (previously 25%)
- ‘Spirit Strength’ Increased to 20% (previously 15%)
- ‘Trickster’ Increased shielding to 4% (previously 3%)
- ‘Smoke Screen’ applies to all enemies now
- ‘Jolly Spirit’ additionally grants a random buff
- ‘Channeling Balance’ increased to 7.5% (from 6%)
- ‘Curse Transfusion’ increased to 5% (from 4%)
- ‘Backstab’ Increased damage to 35% (from 30%) and reduce threshold to 70% (from 75%)
- ‘Spectral Cannon’ lvl 2: Damage increased to 475%
- ‘Snowball Toss’ damage increased on all levels (570% on highest level instead of 540%)
- ‘Magic Penetration’ increased to 20% (from 15%)
- ‘Shield Crush’ reduced to 20% (from 25%)
- ‘Necromancy’ increased heal value to 25% (from 20%)
- ‘Debuff Variety’ increased to 3% (from 2.5%)
- ‘Piercing Lightning’ reduced Armor Penetration down to 20%, base damage increased to 450% (on highest level)
- ‘Frostbite’ chance increased to 50% (from 40%)
- ‘Blood Magic’ chance and bleed damage changed to 40% (from 35%)
- ‘Combo Initiator’ damage increase and hit changed to 30% (from 25%)
- ‘Blood Drive’ chance reduced to 70% (from 75%)
- When reviving a monster in PvP, that monster cannot use revive or ultimates for that turn
- ‘Slow Burn’ now triggers passives as if all charges were consumed
- ‘Grey Pearl’ Attack, Magic & Defense increased to 100 (from 90), Max Health increased to 1000 (from 900)
- ‘Abyssal Sword’ Increased Attack & Magic values to 250 (from 240) and trigger chance to 100% (from 80%) on max level.
- ‘Bandana’, ‘Needle’ and ‘Ribbon’ have +5 Max Mana (on highest upgrade level)
- ‘Brooch’ +1% Crit Chance
- ‘Sun Pendant’ Shielding increased to 175 (previously 150)
- ‘Hexing Rod’ All tiers now apply only 1 Debuff, but Attack & Magic increased slightly (160 + 245 at +5)
- Will(NPC) no longer suggests monsters don’t die in permadeath mode
- ‘Maneki’, ‘Breaking Support’, ‘Icy Fists Debuffs’, ‘Venomous Fangs’, ‘Acid Spit’ and ‘Toxic Support’ now stacks with themselves itself (when multiple monsters have it)
- ‘Terradrile’ can’t use ancient conjunction regardless of level in the randomizer anymore
- You can’t skip Double jump boots if you have “large rock” in the Blue cave anymore
- Updated Skin Colors on the Explorer outfit
- Fixed ‘Catzerker’ being seen as a “champion monster” at the donation army
- Removed the ability to be able to teleport on top of Goblin fort when jumping in blob form into small spaces of the ceiling
- ‘Healing Shield’ no longer has a shield preview when previewing a potion
- ‘Sorcerous boost’ shielding now properly scales with Magic rather than Attack
- Fixed ‘Amberlgna’ spore ability not disappearing when triggering a cutscene while affected
- You now teleport to Mountain Path instead of Stronghold when using a crystal shard before fighting ‘Steam Golem’
- Bex won’t call the Skorch replacement monster wrongly in the randomizer anymore when bravery mode is activated
- Zosimos in the Sun temple now has a shifted monster in randomizer again
- ‘Imitate’ and ‘counterfeit’ don’t bypass protect anymore if you imitate a skill that ko’ed a monster
- You can’t get a swimming monster through rewards boxes pre sun palace anymore
- You can’t fight the ‘Steam Golem’ Champion fight from the wrong side anymore
- ‘Infernal roar’ now works with critical healing
- Removed the ability to move the camera with your mouse when placing markers on the map.
- Monster Tamer outfit now specifies 111 monster rather than 101 when its not unlocked
- The room you find Mozzy in can not be clipped inside anymore
- ‘Warhorn’ no longer heals the highest health monster rather than the lowest health
- ‘Shockhopper’ can now be donated in NG+ after talking to the Cryomancer
- Cryomancer will no longer ask for unattainable monster eggs
- You can now use ‘Dual Mobility’ regardless if you were swimming or standing on the ground (improved flight outside of the water after swimming)
- Fixed some seed not able to generate (examples: 72790 and 85512)
- Fixed certain fights softlocking in Randomizer mode
- Extra hits from equipments now show properly in the preview
- ‘Shock’ now properly interacts with ‘Supercharged’
- ‘hourglass’ and ‘cauldron’ Now work again
- ‘Combo Initiator’ Fixed to only work if you’re going first
- Using ‘Poison Eater’ alongside ‘Bolster’ now grants two buffs to the user rather than allies
- Imitating or Counterfeiting ‘Cataclysm’ on an ‘Elemental shift’ monster will no longer mess up its Resistance and Weakness “view”
- Infinity Arena Monsters no longer use Revive Ultimates
- Fixed the bug that on some seeds you start with different monsters sometimes
- When using a savegame with permadead monsters for NG+, those monsters are revived now
- Trading a monster in Bravery to the Cryomancer no longer lets you still use its follower ability
- Ballistics now preview their miss chance
- After hatching your first monster, the dialogue with the familiar is back
- Fixed a potential out of sync in PvP caused by ‘Phoenix Affinity’
- Buff info view no longer stays on screen permanently when open while PvP timer runs out
- Monsters fall down cliffs in randomizer only very rarely now
Watch a trailer for the Monster Sanctuary “Relics of Chaos” update below.
Note that this new update is expected to be on Switch very soon – possibly within a week.
Update (5/15): The Monster Sanctuary “Relics of Chaos” update goes live for Switch tomorrow, May 16.