Niantic CEO says Gen IV, PvP, increased level cap, and more coming to Pokemon GO
Posted on April 29, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Mobile, News
It’s unclear how it happened (other than what was probably just a happy circumstance), but Niantic CEO John Hanke ended up on a flight with Pokemon GO player Doctor PoGo. The two ended up sitting next to each other and Hanke dished on the mobile game’s future.
Here’s a roundup of information shared about what’s planned for Pokemon GO:
– There’s something being done about maps to make it more raid friendly
– Gen 4 being worked on
– PVP being worked on
– Level cap will be increased
– They are making an effort to balance the game more
– New items will be introduced at some point
– PokeStop Submissions coming
– Pokemon GO Fest 2 will be happening
– Taking actions against spoofing
So guess who I ran into again on the plane.
Thanks again John Hanke for your time the whole flight. Awesome conversation.@PokemonGoApp @trnrtips @ReversalYouTube @ProdigiesNation @MYSTIC7 @PkmnMasterHolly @PoGoKieng pic.twitter.com/9ByvmUbd7T
— Doctor PoGo TL40x4 – Road to 100 Million (@PokemonDoctorYT) April 28, 2018
John Hanke!#ceo#niantic@PokemonGoApp @NianticLabs pic.twitter.com/kWc8zcocwh
— Doctor PoGo TL40x4 – Road to 100 Million (@PokemonDoctorYT) April 26, 2018
It’s unclear when Niantic will be implementing these features. Still, it’s nice to have a better idea of what’s planned for the game.