Submit a news tip



Nintendo says “small number” of Switch systems were stolen, confirms early unit was “illegally resold”

Posted on February 18, 2017 by (@NE_Brian) in News, Switch

Nintendo has provided a statement to IGN noting that “a small number” of Switch units were stolen “in an isolated incident by employees of a U.S. distributor”. The company adds that “units were stolen in an isolated incident by employees of a U.S. distributor, with one system being illegally resold.”

Fortunately, Nintendo has discovered the root of the problem. “The individuals involved have been identified, terminated from their place of employment and are under investigation by local law enforcement authorities on criminal charges,” the company says.

Here’s Nintendo’s full statement:

“Earlier this week, individuals claimed to prematurely purchase a small number of Nintendo Switch systems from an unspecified retailer. Nintendo has determined these units were stolen in an isolated incident by employees of a U.S. distributor, with one system being illegally resold. The individuals involved have been identified, terminated from their place of employment and are under investigation by local law enforcement authorities on criminal charges.

Nintendo Switch will launch worldwide on March 3, 2017, and we look forward to everyone being able to discover the wonders of the new system for themselves at that time.”

This is all related to the Switch leak from earlier in the week. hiphoptherobot, who obtained the system, indicated today that it was sold to him after it was obtained through illegal means. While Nintendo took back the system, he apparently won’t be getting into any trouble.

Source

More:

Leave a Reply