Pokemon GO reveals Mega Levels and more for Mega Evolution
Posted on April 25, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Mobile, News
Niantic today unveiled details about Pokemon GO‘s new updates for Mega Evolution, which includes the introduction of Mega Levels. Ultimately, the developer is looking to make things easier for players.
Here’s the full rundown from Niantic:
Introducing Mega LevelsTrainers will be able to enjoy a new way to help their Pokémon grow with Mega Levels. Every time a Pokémon Mega Evolves, it works towards increasing its Mega Level. Trainers will get more bonuses every time a Pokémon’s Mega Level goes up.Bonuses will vary by Pokémon and can include the following:
- Increased Candy when you catch Pokémon that are the same type as your Mega-Evolved Pokémon
- While attacking with a Mega-Evolved Pokémon in a Raid Battle or a Gym battle, the attacks of other Trainers’ Pokémon challenging that same raid or Gym will deal more damage. Their Pokémon’s attacks will deal even more damage if the attack is the same type as your Mega-Evolved Pokémon.
- **NEW** Increased chance of earning Candy XL when you catch Pokémon that are the same type as your Mega-Evolved Pokémon.
- **NEW** Increased XP for catching Pokémon that are the same type as your Mega-Evolved Pokémon.
- **NEW** A Pokémon’s rest period decreases as its Mega Level increases.A one-time cost to Mega-EvolveWith this update, after you Mega Evolve a Pokémon for the first time, you’ll be able to Mega Evolve that same Pokémon again without using Mega Energy!
- After Mega Evolving, your Pokémon will be fatigued and need time before it can Mega Evolve again.
- Once this rest period is over, that Pokémon can Mega Evolve again without using Mega Energy.
- You can use Mega Energy to decrease a Pokémon’s rest period. The Mega Energy required to Mega Evolve a Pokémon will decrease as the Pokémon’s rest period becomes shorter.
Niantic also announced changes being made to Mega Evolution and Mega Raids in Pokemon GO. Most Mega Raids will be easier, players will be able to Mega Evolve their Pokemon from raid and battle prep screens, and Pokemon that have already Mega Evolved previously will now have an additional visual effect added to their information page to commemorate this achievement.
The Mega Evolution update for Pokemon GO is now live in Australia and New Zealand. It will follow in other regions soon.
Source: Niantic PR