Niantic has announced that the new Season of GO for Pokemon GO will be happening between June 1, 2022, at 10 AM to September 1, 2022 at 10 AM local time.
During the event, players can look forward to the following:
- Trainers can enjoy the following seasonal bonuses:
- Increased friendship bonus damage for raids
- Increased damage for Pokémon participating in raids remotely
- 1 hr Lure Modules
- 1 extra Special Trade per day
- 1 extra Pokémon Candy when trading Pokémon
- Guaranteed Candy XL when trading Pokémon
- Guaranteed Gifts from PokéStop spins
- Earlier Access to Candy XL – Starting with the Season of GO and continuing beyond, all Trainers level 31 and above will be able to earn Candy XL.
- Different Pokémon will be appearing in the Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere and in different areas around the world, including cities, forests, mountains, and beaches.
Along with Season of GO, Niantic has also provided the early word about overall June events for Pokemon GO. Here’s the full rundown:
- Pokémon GO Fest 2022 (June 4 – 5) will have Trainers playing worldwide for a chance to encounter the Mythical Pokémon Shaymin, the Gratitude Pokémon, which will be making its Pokémon GO debut.
- Other events – Adventure Week (June 7 – 12) and Pokémon TCG Crossover Event (June 13 – 30).
- Five-Star and Mega Raids – The following Pokémon will be appearings in raids during these dates:
- June 1 – 7: Mega Steelix, Kyogre
- June 7 – 16: Mega Aerodactyl, Groudon
- June 16 – 23: Mega Venusaur, Mewtwo (that will know the Charged Attack Shadow Ball)
- June 23 – July 1: Mega Blastoise, Mewtwo (that will know the Charged Attack Psystrike)
- Raid Hours – Every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time, the following Pokémon will be featured:
- June 1: Kyogre
- June : Groudon
- June 15: Groudon
- June 22: Mewtwo (that will know the Charged Attack Shadow Ball)
- June 29: Mewtwo (that will know the Charged Attack Psystrike)
- Pokémon Spotlight Hours – Every Tuesday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time, the following Pokémon and bonuses will be featured:
- June 7: Nosepass | 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- June 14: Mantine | 2× Candy for transferring Pokémon
- June 21: Spinarak | 2× XP for evolving Pokémon
- June 28: Pikachu wearing a Pokémon TCG hat | 2× Catch Stardust*If Trainers are lucky, they might encounter any of the above as a Shiny.
Pokemon GO is currently available for mobile via iOS and Android.
Source: Niantic PR