Pop Flamer is this week’s Arcade Archives game on Switch
Posted on September 8, 2021 by Ervin in News, Switch eShop
Publisher Hamster has been bringing classic arcade titles every week to the Switch eShop through its Arcade Archives collection. Arriving this week is the maze shooter game Pop Flamer. Here are some details and an overview of the game from International Arcade Museum:
Pop Flamer originally made its arcade debut in 1982, and was developed by Jaleco.
Pop Flamer Description
Players control a mouse with a flame-thrower that pops balloons! Scorch the attacking monsters while popping all the balloons on a level. Sip the power drink to transform into the Super Mouse and attack the monsters.
From the Stern sales flyer probably the same as the instruction sheet:
- Operate POP FLAMER with lever to crush ballons avoiding or burning up monsters.
- Be careful! If hit by electro-shock wave emmited by HARADON, POP FLAMER will be paralyzed for a while.
- Flaming distance comes to be shorter gradually. Replenish fuel supply by crushing balloons.
- Throw flame to exterminate frogs if blocked by them.
- Get POWER DRINK to change to SUPER MOUSE and swallow monsters nearby.
- POP FLAMER disappears if touched by monsters.
Arcade Archives Pop Flamer is scheduled to launch digitally tomorrow on September 9, and will cost $7.99 / €6.99 / £6.29 on the Switch eShop.