RiffTrax: The Game coming to Switch
Posted on March 15, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
What the Dub?! creator Wide Right Interactive and RiffTrax, the team behind Mystery Science Theater 3000, have announced that they’re teaming up on RiffTrax: The Game. It’s slated for a May 5, 2022 release on Switch.
RiffTrax: The Game is described as “the definitive movie heckling party title”. It includes over 250 movies clips, new game modes, Twitch integration, and more ways to connect players.
Here’s some additional information:
RiffTrax: The Game brings the best of MST3K-style comedy to digital party games. Comedians Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett have been bringing their comedic running MST3K-type commentary to movies of all kinds for over 15 years-and now players have the opportunity to riff along with them! Gather with friends and family to see who can write the best jokes over some of the worst bits of what can loosely be called cinema. Players along with audience members will have the chance to vote each round for their favorite zingers and decide who has what it takes to be the next movie riffing genius!
● Over 250 movie clips from RiffTrax classics such as “Rollergator”, “Attack Of The Supermonsters”, and “Plan 9 From Outer Space”!
● Featuring two exciting ways to play! Write your own riff and watch your comedy genius come to life via text-to-speech. Or leave it to the pros and choose from over 2,000 expertly crafted riffs from the RiffTrax team.
● Play head-to-head with up to 6 players using any internet connected device as controller. An additional 12 audience members can also play along.
● Bring the party to your friends with support for remote games, cross play, and voice chat.
● Streamers, get your entire chat in on the action with Twitch chat voting. Additional moderation, privacy, and content tools ensure your stream remains problem-free.
Get a first look at RiffTrax: The Game in the trailer below.
RiffTrax: The Game will arrive on Switch via the eShop.
Source: Wide Right Interactive PR