Ring of Pain – “Mimic’s Hoard” update out now on Switch (version 1.3.00S), patch notes
Posted on May 24, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
The roguelike card crawler Ring of Pain has received a major patch on Switch. Version 1.3.00S is the “Mimic’s Hoard” update, featuring lots of new content, a new difficulty mode, balance adjustments, and more.
Below are the full patch notes:
- Added Medium difficulty
Medium difficulty can be unlocked by completing a run on normal difficulty, and hard mode is now unlocked by completing a run on medium difficulty.
If you’ve already unlocked hard mode, medium mode will be automatically unlocked.
- 80+ new items
- 15+ new Daily Dungeon modifiers
- 15+ new Achievements
- 5+ new special paths
- 10+ new creatures
- Added a new status effect Petrify, which reduces max health.
- Added a Statistics Page
This will display your statistics for runs, items, combat events, exploration events
- Display creature effects when inspecting them
This will display things such as the amount of explosion, poison, ranged damage a creature will deal
- Added new Daily Dungeon modifiers
- Path taken is displayed on the game over screenImprovements
- Show end game choice on game over screen
- Candles that are unlocked through achievements are displayed on the achievements page
- Added Up button when hovering over certain cards
- Added controller tutorial for observing previously explored paths
- Hovering over creatures will now show their soulsBalance
- Adjusted hard and medium mode levels to feature new creatures
- Ensnare now in addition to stopping movement, halves physical attack
- Adjusted Spellbook cooldowns
- Loombird Changes:
Crooked Loombird in Hard mode: Speed increased 6 -> 12
Huge Crooked Loombird in Normal mode: Health 32 -> 26, Attack 13 -> 11
Huge Crooked Loombird in Hard mode: Health 32 -> 36, Speed 8 -> 16
- Double Candle now allows you to select a common-tier starting item, Stealth chance removed
- Dark Stone starts with Barrier scroll, Stealth change increased 30% -> 40%, Speed reduced -1 -> -2
- Necklace Rebirth cures poison.
- Choker item effect increased from +1 to +2 Attack for consecutive attacks.
- Metal Ox stats increased 0 -> 4 Health, 0 -> 4 Clarity
- Chestplate explode damage reduction changed from half to reduce by 2
- Special path balance
Fountain of Life reduced spawn rate in early game
Careful Maneuvre and Overwhelm can no longer spawn in the first level
Companions Sam can appear a little earlier
- The timer starts counting up when the player has control
Previously it would start when the tutorial started or the starting camera animationBug Fixes
- Spineback is no longer revealed before its card has rotated
- Fixed behavior for Confidence
- Hollower only plays it’s particle effect when it’s area of effect is completed
- Fixed issues with Crown of Clarity
- Polearm + Knockback now works with the projection system
- Fixed issues when using a Spellbook or Scroll over the Creature card’s inspect icon
- Fixed issues with the collection’s scrollbar not resizing
- Adjusted stat manipulation calculation and how it can be absorbed
Clearer projections when losing stats from items like Siphon GemOther
- The “Trinket” item slot has been renamed to “Jar”
We have a trailer for the new Ring of Pain update below.