Samurai Shodown update announced (version 2.1.0), patch notes
SNK has announced that Samurai Shodown will be receiving a new update to accompany the release of DLC character Cham Cham on March 16. Check out the full patch notes below.
Changed / Improved Features
- Added DLC character (Cham Cham)
- Added the Guard Crush function
- An internal Guard Crush meter increases whenever an opponent blocks regular and special attacks.
- The opponent will be able to be Guard Crushed once they turn red. Landing a standing heavy slash during this phase will perform a Guard Crush.
- Just Defending an opponent’s attack will not reduce one’s internal Guard Crush meter. Also, Just Defending can prevent one from being Guard Crushed when glowing red.
- Weapons can now be picked up even if scrolled off screen.
- Press the button to pick up your weapon while touching the edge of the screen where the weapon previously was to pick it up.
Change / Improvements Made to Characters
Source: SNK PR