Sim game Hokko Life confirmed for Switch
Posted on August 2, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Hokko Life was previously announced for PC, but publisher Team17 and developer Wonderscope Games today confirmed plans for a release on consoles, including Switch. Those on Nintendo’s system can pick it up starting September 27, 2022.
The sim game started out on early access and has received new content as well as additional gameplay mechanics via patches. These include the Farming Update, which added a new area to the game and gave players the opportunity to flex their green fingers, the Village Chic Update, which introduced over 250 new hats, masks, glasses, and other accessories, the Super Shopper Update, which allows players to visit a new city center location, the Narrative Update, which overhauled the introduction of the game, and introduced four new friendly villagers to Hokko Life, and the Mayor Merits Update, allowing players to complete activities in game in exchange for ‘mayor merits’ that unlock perks designed to make things a little easier.
Additional information about Hokko Life can be found in the following overview:
Hokko Life is a cosy, creativity filled community sim game.
Step off the train into the town of Hokko and get settled into your new home!
This quiet village needs your help to turn it into the charming rural town everyone loves. With hammer and paints in hand it’s up to you to design, build and decorate homes for all of your new friends!
Busy yourself away in the dusty old workshop and let your creativity flow!
Craft materials and combine them in whatever way you desire to create new and wonderful furniture and items for your town. Collect flowers, mix paints and use them to design wallpapers, flooring and even clothing!
Will you design an urban-industrial furniture collection or maybe a bright flowery wallpaper set? With all of the workshop at your disposal, you’ll have complete freedom to design a town your villagers will absolutely love.
– Get Creative: The workshop awaits as players take control over every aspect of Hokko, with the 3D design tool, every aspect of a player’s creation can be tailored to perfection
– Dare to Design: No detail is too small, everything from the colour, fabric, and angle of the pillow on a chair can be edited
– Sharing is Caring: Players will be able to share their meticulously crafted designs with friends and other players around the world
– Back of the Net: A lazy afternoon in Hokko can be spent with a net or pole in hand, catching and collecting the critters crawling around town
– Meet the Neighbours: Hokko’s townsfolk offer a warm welcome, and with varying personalities, they all make for fantastic friends.
Have a look at a trailer for Hokko Life below.
Source: Team17 PR