Some Pokemon GO players having login issue on iOS with version 0.31.0, Niantic shares fix
Yesterday, Niantic issued a new Pokemon GO update across iOS and Android. But there’s a problem with the former platform that some users have been experiencing.
The issue makes it seem that progress has been lost. However, this is not the case, and some players may have only “inadvertently created another Pokemon GO account by logging in with a different Google email address than the one originally used for the game.”
You’ll find the full lowdown on the problem below, as well as instructions from Niantic about how to solve it.
Some iOS users might experience an issue where it appears that gameplay progress has been reset. Please be assured that your gameplay progress has NOT been lost. It remains safe and intact.
In the Pokémon GO update version 0.31.0, we updated our Google Account login system and as a result, you may have inadvertently created another Pokémon GO account by logging in with a different Google email address than the one originally used for the game.
To resolve this issue, please sign in with the email address originally used to create your Pokémon GO account.
If you have inadvertently created a new Pokémon GO account by unintentionally signing in with a different Google account (eg., via Safari web browser on your iOS device), please follow the steps below:
- Either uninstall and reinstall the Pokémon GO app or sign out of your account (Pokémon GO>Main Menu>Settings>Sign Out)
- NOTE: You may need to sign out of your account twice to ensure proper log out before signing back in with your correct account.
- Open Pokémon GO and select the Google login method.
- You will be redirected to the Safari web browser to complete the login process.
- Review the email address listed in the top right corner of the page. Ensure that the Google account presented is the same email address used when you originally created your Pokémon GO account.
If the email address does not match the email address used to create your Pokémon GO account, please sign out of Google and log back in with the appropriate account.
- Touch the “Allow” button and you will be redirected back to the Pokémon GO app.