Squadron 51 now launching in 2021, new trailer
Posted on January 14, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop, Videos
Squadron 51, a shoot ’em up that features 2D action in a world of deep 3D environments and is inspired by 1950s sci-fi films, has been a long time coming. We first heard about plans for the game to release on Switch three years ago. There’s still no word on a final date currently, but developer Loomiarts now intends to have the title ready later in 2021.
Here’s the latest on Squadron 51, including a new trailer:
Play as Lieutenant Kaya, a leading force in the rebel cause, and face the unrelenting hostile alien aircraft, martian fighters, and monsters, all in the glorious black-and-white of the 1950s! The future of the Earth is in the hands of Squadron 51!
Warning! Extraterrestrials from outer space have arrived on our planet, bringing promises of a bright new future for the earthlings. However, this otherworldly partnership soon reveals a darker side as the VEGA Corporation, the alien enterprise led by the hideous Director Zarog, is imposing its predatory politics on the human race. In the midst of this oppression, the rebel group Squadron 51 rises as a response against the violent acts committed by these vile beings. Will the brave pilots of Squadron 51 and their aircraft stand a chance against Zarog’s diabolic fleet of flying saucers?
– SHMUP Yeah!: Enjoy classic shoot-’em-up gameplay with four unique aircraft that can be customized with special weapons
– Cinematic Experience: Marvelous black-and-white aesthetics, live-action FMV sequences, and dubbed voices will tell the story of the battle between Squadron 51 and Director Zarog’s alien fleet
– 11 Ways to Save the World: Fight against enemy ships and bosses in 11 different environments – snowy mountains, forests, cityscapes, and more
– Rookie Pilots Supported: Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran flying ace, Squadron 51 supports dynamic difficulty that allows every pilot to enjoy the alien extermination
– Ducks Fly Together!: Fighting an alien horde is more fun with a squadmate! A second player can enter a level at any time — earn points with a co-op player and unlock together new special weapons and upgrades
Source: Assemble Entertainment PR