Square Enix announces Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars for Switch
Posted on September 23, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
During today’s Nintendo Direct, Square Enix announced Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars. It will launch on October 28. Additionally, a demo is coming today.
Here’s an overview of the game:
Developed by the creative team behind the beloved NieR and Drakengard series, including Creative Director, YOKO TARO (Drakengard series, NieR series), Executive Producer, Yosuke Saito (NieR series) and Music Director, Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard 3, NieR series), as well as Character Designer, Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series), this new tabletop RPG will spark players’ imagination with a unique way of storytelling.
In Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars, players will venture through a story set long ago in a world shrouded in mystery, guided by the narrative voice of the Game Master (voiced in English by Todd Haberkorn). Set in a world of swords and sorcery, the game is told entirely through the medium of cards. Players will follow the protagonist as he sets off on a journey to defeat a recently reawakened Dragon, that is threatening the land and its people, in hopes of securing an immense reward. He is joined on his travels by his companions; Mar, a monster very attached to him, and Melanie, a black witch with a grudge against the Dragon. Players will need to make choices throughout the story, as well as join in turn-based field and dungeon battles that unfold on a board, in the manner of traditional tabletop RPGs.
Fans of the NieR series will also be able to enjoy theming their adventure with a special bundle set*, which includes the game, the Pixel Art Set DLC, and seven more DLC themed after NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…:
- Dress of the Bereft – Swaps the costumes of the protagonist, Mar and Melanie to the design of NieR Replicant™ ver.1.22474487139…:
- Emil’s Pattern – Swaps the reverse card design to a design resembling Emil’s clothing
- Emil Avatar – Swaps the player’s avatar to a design resembling Emil
- Emil Dice – Swaps the dice to a design adorned with Emil’s face
- Grimoire Weiss Board – Swaps the battle board and accessories to designs patterned after Grimoire Weiss
- Library Desk – Swaps the table design to resemble a certain library’s stonework
- Devola’s Music – Swaps the general background music to a soundtrack that bring to mind the journeys of a certain young man who fought to save his sister.
- Pixel Art Set – Swaps all character and enemy illustrations to pixel art
*The items sold in this set will be available for individual purchase after the game release.
Fans who pre-order the game will receive the “Golden Dragon Pattern” DLC, which swaps the reverse card design to an original design by Kimihiko Fujisaka as well as a “Traditional Avatar”, which allows them to change the design of the game piece on the field into a traditional craftwork.
We have a trailer for Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars below.
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars will cost $29.99 on the Switch eShop. Pre-orders are now live.
Access the game’s official website here.