Super Smash Bros. Ultimate update out now (version 5.0.0), patch notes
A new update is now live for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It includes Home-Run Contest, support for Banjo-Kazooie DLC, fighter adjustments, and more.
Below are the full patch notes:
- You can now play the Home-Run Contest mode in Games & More.
- This mode supports up to 4 players.
- Note: Some of the special moves in Home-Run Contest will behave differently from other modes.
- The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
- Mumbo Jumbo
- If you download a Mii Fighter in Shared Content that was uploaded from Ver. 5.0.0 or later, you will be able to adjust the move set for that Mii Fighter.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Banjo & Kazooie + Spiral Mountain Stage
- Team Rocket Hat + Outfit
- Sans Mask + Outfit
- Goemon Wig + Outfit
- Proto Man’s Helmet + Armor
- Zero’s Helmet + Armor
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- Game balance adjustments have been made.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Fighter Move Change Common for All Fighters Basic Movements Previously, if you were in the air and held the shield button and input left, right, or down, and then continued to hold the shield button until you landed, you would dodge in the direction input upon landing.
Now, you will only dodge after landing if you input the direction after landing.
Common for All Fighters Basic Movements Adjusted the time until you can move again after grab parrying to be consistent. Yoshi Basic Movements Made it so that you can grab using input buffering after dodging, like other fighters. Peach Up Special Made it easier to hit multiple times. Daisy Up Special Made it easier to hit multiple times. Ice Climbers Basic Movements Restored Nana’s ability to steal edge grabs. Villager Up Smash Attack Buried opponents will now be shot up and hit multiple times. Rosalina & Luma Other Hero’s Snooze will no longer prevent Luma from being controlled, similar to other instances of sleep. Joker Other Adjusted the time it takes to move again to match other fighters when bouncing while lying facedown. Hero Neutral Special After Kafrizz hits a fighter or the stage and explodes, it can now be guarded against with a shield, reflected, or absorbed. Hero Down Special Increased the amount of time opponents will be in the damage animation when hit at the beginning of Magic Burst. Hero Other Adjusted the time it takes to move again to match other fighters when bouncing while lying facedown.
Category Item Name Change Item Smash Ball Slowed the movement speed and made it easier to hit with attacks.