Switch update out now (version 14.0.0), “groups” feature included
Nintendo has just released a new 14.0.0 firmware update for Switch, and it’s rather significant. Users can finally use a “groups” feature to help organize their games on the home menu.
To create a new group, go all the way to the right and select “All Software”. You can then press the “L” button to start an actual group. You can sort through your content by last time played, play time, title, and publisher. After this, you can even arrange how the software will be displayed. The final step is simply creating a group name.
Other than the ability to create groups, today’s update also includes some changes for Bluetooth audio volume.
The full patch notes for the 14.0.0 Switch firmware update are as follows:
“Groups” feature was added to the All Software menu.
- You can now create groups of software to help organize your software titles.
- Making groups for different game genres, developers, or whatever you’d like to organize by may make it easier to find the application you want.
- Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group.
- The button to proceed to the “All Software” screen is displayed only when there are 13 or more software title icons on the system.
Bluetooth Audio volume behavior was changed.
- You can now adjust the volume of Bluetooth audio devices using either the Nintendo Switch™ console or through volume control buttons on the Bluetooth audio device.
- The Bluetooth audio device must support AVRCP profiles for these changes to work.
- The volume displayed on the console will reflect the Bluetooth audio volume when using the device’s control buttons.
- The maximum volume output for some Bluetooth audio devices has been increased.
- When first connecting a device, volume will be reduced to avoid sudden loudness.