The Smurfs 2: The Prisoner of the Green Stone announced for Switch
Publisher Microids and Smurfs license holder IMPS, along with developer OSome Studio, today announced The Smurfs 2: The Prisoner of the Green Stone. Switch will be getting the title in Q4 2023.
The Smurfs 2: The Prisoner of the Green Stone is a sequel to the 2021 game The Smurfs: Mission Vileaf. It’s another action-platformer with an all-new story and more.
Further details are included below.
Handy Smurf has created a revolutionary invention: SmurfoMix! However, it’s missing a key ingredient, the Green Stone, which lays in the greedy clutches of Gargamel.
He sets off on a mission to retrieve the famous Green Stone, a key ingredient that would greatly help him improve his invention, from Gargamel’s laboratory. But a fatal misstep causes it to explode, its fragments scattering throughout the Cursed Land. In addition to unleashing into the wild its incredible powers to copy and decompose matter, the Green Stone has set free the evil Stolas, a new order bent on creating a reign of terror.
A crack team of 4 Smurfs must then adventure to save the Cursed Land from the mighty Stolas! Well equipped, the Smurfs can count on the SmurfoMix and an unexpected ally… Gargamel himself!
- Meet the team of 4 iconic Smurfs: Handy Smurf, Brainy Smurf, Clumsy Smurf, and Smurfstorm.
- An accessible and intuitive gameplay that will delight both Smurf fans and action/platforming fans.
- Enjoy dynamic gameplay with exploration, platforming and even more intense combat thanks to the SmurfoMix!
- For the first time in a video game, collaborate with Gargamel! Use his teleporters to travel through the Cursed Land and discover 3 brand new unexplored regions.
- Collect various resources to acquire the BoostiBoom and improve the Smurfomix throughout your adventure!
- Embark on the adventure with a friend or family partner in co-op mode.
- A new story which respects the license, set in a beautiful, well-crafted colorful universe!
View the first screenshots from The Smurfs 2: The Prisoner of the Green Stone below.
The game is planned both physically and digitally on Switch.
Source: Microids PR