Vertically scrolling arcade shooter Rangok Skies announced for Switch
Posted on September 10, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Digerati and Samurai Games have announced Rangok Skies, a vertically scrolling arcade shooter. It will launch on Switch in Q4 2020/Q1 2021.
Here’s an overview of the game, along with a trailer:
War has started! Rangok Skies is a vertically scrolling arcade shooter inspired by the genre classics, such as DoDonPachi, Gunbird, and Strikers 1945. Highly replayable with 4 different characters, each with their own unique ship, weapons, and bombs. Includes 2-player local co-op.
- Choose your pilot: Four different characters, each with their own unique ship, weapons, bombs, and story endings
- Solo Mode: Start with three lives and three continue credits, and try to beat the game!
- Online rankings: Which leaderboard you’re ranked on – Terminators, Masters, Heroes, or Babies – is determined by lives lost, continues used, and score
- Auto-Shoot Accuracy: Hold down fire to slow your ship and enable more precise movements
- Special Weapons: For targeted mass destruction of most enemies and bullets
- Mega Bombs: Inflict screen-clearing devastation, perfect for tight situations
- Collect mini-items and rewards: Increase firepower, charge the Mega Bomb meter, boost your score
- Five intense stages: Each with their own enemies and huge end-of-level boss
- Local Co-op Mode: Play with a friend and defeat Lord Rangok together
- TATE Mode: Supports turning your monitor vertically for the full arcade experience
Rangok Skies is expected to be distributed on Switch as an eShop download.
Source: Digerati PR