Xiaomei and the Flame Dragon’s Fist seeing worldwide release on Switch
Posted on September 14, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Leoful announced today that the company is teaming up with Japanese indie developer PiXEL to bring the 16-bit kung fu action game Xiaomei and the Flame Dragon’s Fist to Switch in the west. A release is planned for 2022.
Xiaomei and the Flame Dragon’s Fist pays homage to kung fu games from the 80s and 90s. It stars Xiaomei, who goes on a journey to save her elder sister, Xiaoyin, from the influence of the Dark Dragon. On Switch, the game includes a new story mode featuring Xiaoyin, new characters, and other unlockable content.
Here’s a full overview with more details:
Save your sister from the darkness in this authentic 16-bit kung fu action game, releasing outside Japan for the first time!
Xiaomei and the Flame Dragon’s Fist is a 16-bit kung fu action game that pays homage to retro kung fu games from the 80s and 90s. You play as kung fu heroine Xiaomei, who embarks on a journey to save her elder sister, Xiaoyin, from the evil influence of the Dark Dragon. Punch, kick, and unleash the Flame Dragon’s Fist at enemies stopping you from saving your sister.
The game has been enhanced with new features and upgrades on Nintendo Switch. Experience a new story from Xiaoyin’s perspective in Xiaoyin Mode, meet new characters, and unlock special content such as wallpapers and character illustrations. Enjoy new music from legendary former Namco composer Norio Nakagata (Zombie Nation, Genpei Tōma Den), sound effects by Hirofumi Murasaki (Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master, Clockwork Knight), and character voices by Suika.
- Time and execute kung fu moves against a horde of enemies and challenging bosses. Learn your opponent’s moves and act accordingly!
- Three difficulty levels and other gameplay options for players of all skill levels
- Uncover the full story by playing as Xiaomei and Xiaoyin in their respective story modes
- Enjoy authentic 16-bit kung fu gameplay with finely tuned pixel art, resolution, and colors
- Unlock various content by playing and beating the game
- Admire illustrations designed by Studio Vigor in Gallery Mode
We have a trailer for Xiaomei and the Flame Dragon’s Fist below.
Source: Leoful PR