Update: Full patch can be found after the break.
Nintendo has released the latest firmware update – version 7.0.0-13 – for the 3DS, and it’s a big one.
First, Miiverse is now fully supported on the 3DS. After installing the new firmware, you should see a new icon on the home menu that will allow you to access the online community.
Today’s update also brings about Nintendo Network IDs on the 3DS. Names registered on Wii U can now be used on the 3DS and eShop balances can be combined. Alternatively, a Nintendo Network ID can be created from scratch.
A StreetPass update is also available, though we’re not quite sure what it adds at present.
Added Support for Nintendo Network IDs:
- Users can now create or link a Nintendo Network ID, which is required to use some network services, from within System Settings
- Nintendo eShop has been updated to support Nintendo Network IDs (*1)
- For more information regarding Nintendo Network IDs, please visit our Nintendo Network ID introduction page
Added Support for Miiverse:
- Users can now view and post to Miiverse from Nintendo 3DS family systems
- For more information regarding Miiverse, please visit our Miiverse introduction page
Added a Software Update Notification:
- A notification will now display when software is started and update data is available (*2)
Removed the limit to system transfers:
- The previous limit of five system transfers per system has been removed
Changed the start-up method of Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu:
- Pressing the L and R Buttons simultaneously will now start the Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu
Improved system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience