Hot Wheels: World’s Best Driver heading to Wii U, 3DS
GameStop and EB Games have outed “Hot Wheels: World’s Best Driver” for Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Firebrand Games is behind this one – the team that made Trackmania DS and Need for Speed: The Run for Wii and 3DS, but also the dreadful Fast & Furious: Showdown. Warner Bros. is handling publishing duties.
The two retailers provide the following details:
Developed by Firebrand Games (NASCAR Unleashed, Cars 2, Need for Speed The Run, Hot Wheels Track Attack), players can now join the ranks of Team Hot Wheels, an elite group of drivers competing for the coveted title: “World’s Best Driver.” The drivers are split into four teams, each with their own disciplines: Super Fast (Green), Outrageous (Red), High-Tech (Blue) and Powerful (Yellow). Compete in over 70 thrilling events in four Hot Wheels Test Facility (HWTF) locations around the world. For the first time, players can experience the legendary world of the HWTF where the latest and greatest Hot Wheels creations are born.
- Thrilling Vehicle Experiences: Extreme motocross in the Andes, freestyle mid-air stunts on top of Shanghai skyscrapers, precision drifting through an obstacle course on top of a South Pacific aircraft carrier – the adrenaline-fueled excitement only Hot Wheels can deliver!
- Hot Wheels – For Real: 24 customizable vehicles including classic Hot Wheels designs such as the Ripper, the Twin Mill, the Boneshaker and the special edition Hot Wheels Camaro.
- Easy to Play, Tough to Master: Intuitive arcade gameplay design that is easy to play but keeps players coming back with its “one more go” appeal for true mastery. Players will need to master the four core disciplines to become “World’s Best Driver.”
- The Legend of HWTF: Go behind the curtain and unlock the secrets of the Hot Wheels Test Facility, an ever-changing hub world where players can practice their skills before showtime on the circuit.
- High-Definition Visuals: Stunning graphics bring the Hot Wheels vehicles to life for the first time on HD platforms. Combine that with advanced physics simulations for a truly unique Hot Wheels experience.
If GameStop and EB Games’ listings are accurate, Hot Wheels: World’s Best Driver will launch on September 17 for $39.99. The 3DS version will cost $29.99.
You can view a few screenshots above.