Hyperlight EX heading to New 3DS next month
Posted on October 26, 2016 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, New Nintendo 3DS, News
In 2011, CatfishBlues Games created the “arcade action game” known as Hyperlight for mobile. The title is now making the jump to New 3DS with several additional features.
Hyperlight EX is coming to the North American and Eurpoean 3DS eShops next month. It’ll feature revamped graphics, enhanced gameplay, and better controls.
Here’s an overview:
“Hyperlight is an high intensity arcade action game in which you control a spaceship that fights against hordes of evil alien monsters in a virtual cosmic environment. Your spaceship has a special capability: it can travel at a Faster Than Light speed (F.T.L.) becoming itself the final weapon. By colliding with enemies in this state the ship can instantly destroy everything it touches! In the game there are also plenty of other bonus, weapons and entities that can help you overcome the many difficulties you’ll be facing, including the battles against the terrific final bosses that await you in the dark side of the universe!”
And a lineup of features:
– Full New Nintendo 3DS controller support.
– Stereoscopic 3D viewing only for New Nintendo 3DS!
– Stunning game graphics, rich in special effects, enemies and explosions!
– Innovative gameplay, immediate and highly rewarding!
– Arcade Mode with 50+ levels, 8 mid-boss stages and 4 final boss battles!
– Infinity Mode with tons of new levels and several mid-boss stages.
– Panic Mode with its peculiar tilt control (uses accelerometer)
– 3 Bonus entities (Drones, Turrets and Plasma Barriers) that will help you in fighting the continuous waves of enemies.
– 7 Bonus weapons (Bomb, Laser, Globe, Crystal, Machinegun, Missle and Virus) that will help you in pulverizing everything on the screen.
– Local Leaderboads for Arcade, Infinity and Panic game modes.
– Achievements system: 40 unlockable medals!
Watch a trailer for Hyperlight EX below.
Source: CatfishBlues Games PR