Tetris Ultimate officially announced for 3DS
Ubisoft has officially announced its new Tetris game – Tetris Ultimate – for 3DS. It’s scheduled to arrive this fall.
Tetris Ultimate features seven modes, including the exclusive single-player Challenge mode that will put any player’s determination to the test.
Here’s an overview of the different modes:
• Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
• Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
• Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
• Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
• Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
• Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups. Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Well shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump garbage down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
• Challenge – From disappearing Tetriminos (Tetris playing pieces) to orientation-locked Tetriminos, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will test a player’s fortitude.
Aside from these modes, Tetris Ultimate will also include real-time worldwide leaderboards.