Zelda: Breath of the Wild – lineup of differences between Switch and Wii U from Nintendo
Nintendo has provided IGN with an listing of differences The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has on Switch and Wii U. While most details were known, the Switch edition is officially confirmed to run at 900p. Nintendo also mentions “higher-quality environmental sounds” on Switch.
Here’s the full rundown:
- Both launch on the same day, March 3.
- Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
- Both versions of the game offer the same content.
- On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
- The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.
- The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive.
- Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions.
- A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.