Backback Hero was one of the new games that launched today following the Indie World Showcase, and we now have gameplay. 40 minutes of footage is in.
Here’s an overview of the game with more information:
Backpack Hero is a twist on your standard deck-building roguelike. It isn’t just about what you carry, but how you organize the items within your bag! Their placement has a huge impact on their performance. Find them the right spot in your backpack to increase their power! Explore ancient dungeons, caves, swamps, and more! Meet colorful friends and fight deadly foes! Don’t get lost!
When you aren’t putting your life in danger, you can make good use of the resources you have gathered and rebuild your hometown of Haversack Hill! Turn it into a charming and efficient hamlet to attract new residents. Buy and sell items, conduct research, and unlock heroes, challenges, and quests. By organizing the perfect village, you will restore the world of Orderia and rescue the animals who live there!
– Experiment with your strategy and create game-breaking solutions
– Collect 800+ distinct items, with ingenious powers and synergies to harness
– Battle with over 100+ enemies. Learn their attack patterns and vanquish your foes
– Dive into the endless dungeons! Start every run with randomly generated levels and discover unpredictable items, unique layouts, events, and challenges
– Explore 5 unique play styles by selecting different heroes
– Play standalone runs or experience the full adventure and meta progression in Story Mode
– Rebuild Haversack Hill and help its inhabitants
– Turn the village into an appealing and efficient hamlet to attract new residents. Buy and sell items, conduct research, and unlock heroes, challenges, and quests
Take a look at the Backpack Hero gameplay on Switch below.
Backpack Hero is up on the Switch eShop. It supports English, Japanese, French, German, Korean, and Chinese.