Battle Chef Brigade update out now (version 1.0.5)
Posted on October 9, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Battle Chef Bridge has received another notable update, bringing the game to version 1.0.5. The latest patch pertains to quality of life improvements, monster behavior, game balance, and bug fixes.
The full patch notes are as follows:
Quality of Life
- Heal Fragile Oven sound volume has been lowered slightly due to it being played frequently when processing Lantern Fruit.
- Music will now play in the Darkrealm for Survival / DC / Free Play /
- Multiplayer (instead of intentionally playing only ambience as in the Story)
- Added a retry option to the Daily Challenge directly after the leaderboard instead of having to return to the main menu to try again.
- Removed extraneous server-connection gate from Survival mode, which caused a connection check at both the start and end of Survival mode. Now, your connection will only be checked at the end of a run when submitting to the leaderboards.
- Added a label to the starting Survival UI that reports the Arena that you’re currently loaded into when picking your loadout.
- Added a Speedrun Mode to Options menu that allows all dialogue to be fast-forwarded by holding down the talk button.
- Verskit will now eat all plants in the Darkrealm.
- Cheepchi spawn area in the Darkrealm has been shrunken slightly so they’re not able to select ground below the center platform as a flight destination.
- Stealbirds will now move back and forth under the Darkrealm platform instead of not moving at all.
- Survival mode level progression has been changed slightly so that players spend less time ramping up to more challenging rounds.
- Scoring has been adjusted to match the new difficulty curve.
- Stabby is now more likely to return items to the pantry after failing due to lava walls by reducing run and jump horizontal impulses.
- Player 2 Stabby will now teleport to the correct entrance of the kitchen.
- Stabby will now only start to pick up ingredients when on the ground.
- Increased Caverns’ Gourd spawn rate slightly (90s to 80s).
- Adjusted the Darkrealm Arena room slightly so it’s more similar to the Forest’s. Should resolve report of camera zoom not transitioning.
- Fixed Thrash facing in Rixal’s post-judging finale scene.
- Fixed a bug where not all Dish data would transfer correctly when combining dishes (i.e. stack a 50+ dish on top of another one), thereby undoing any progress towards Cookware or Focus expertises.
- Fixed a crash in Multiplayer when Chef-to-Chef Damage was set to None.
- Fixed a long-standing bug where if you lost a Daily Cook-off, the AI’s winning score would be submitted to leaderboards instead of yours.
- Fixed an issue where P2 could pause but not interact with the pause menu while in the intro sequence for a local multiplayer match.
- Fixed a bug where clock and judge preferences weren’t reinstated in the cases where Free Play match was reset.
- Fixed a data issue where Slimes only spawned twice in the Darkrealm Arena.
- Fixed a bug where Innkeeper’s Tin (combo bonus item) would never trigger.
- Fixed a bug where critters would spawn while in the Loadout in Survival, which gives patient players an advantage (more ingredients to work with up front).
- Fixed a bug where Slime would sometimes pinball around the Darkrealm due to chilling in the Gust Launcher.
- Fixed a bug where Consume spread Thrash’s body trigger too wide (and into Darkrealm lava).
- Fixed a bug that caused the Brigade Town music to be out of sync when crossfading.